• Overall: Tennessee leads, 3-0

• In Knoxville: UT leads, 3-0

• In Nashville: No meetings

• Neutral Sites: No meetings

• Current Streak: Tennessee has won three straight

• Last Meeting: Tennessee won, 92-77, on Dec. 15, 2016

• Barnes vs. Lipscomb: 2-0

• Barnes vs. Alexander: 2-0

• Grant Williams scored 30 points in last season's win over Lipscomb.

• Tennessee this week made its first appearance in the AP top-25 poll since December 2010.

• At 6-1, the Volunteers are off to their best start since the 2010-11 season, when they opened with seven straight wins.

• The Vols are rated No. 10 in the ESPN BPI, with the nation's ninth-rated strength of schedule.

• Extend Tennessee's home winning streak against non-conference opponents to 10 games. That streak dates to last season's win over Appalachian State on Nov. 15, 2016.

• Give the Vols a season-best four-game win streak

• Give the Volunteers a 16-game home winning streak during the month of December

Reactions: 1 person
Hopefully the guys aren’t looking ahead to UNC, textbook trap game...go out there and get the W, then look to the Tar Heels!

Taking my boys to their first TN basketball game today!! Excited to get back to Thompson-Boling arena.

Reactions: 5 people
Lipscomb is arguably the second best team in TN this year so far (at least the best in Middle TN since they beat Belmont twice, Belmont has beaten both MTSU and Vandy, MTSU beat Vandy). I expect a competitive game. GBO!

Edit TTU beat Lipscomb so maybe LU is not the best in MidTN. ESPN's matchup predictor gives UT a 89.8% chance of winning at the tip.

Last edited:
Tough game today in a huge letdown spot. I expect a really close game Compared to the vegas line. Lip is a good team and well coached.

Vols 74
Lip 66

If you want to be taken seriously, and you want to be ranked. You have to win these gimme home games.

You don’t have to blow them out but the game should never be in question.

I say it’ll be a 4 or 5 point game at the half, we make some adjustments and pull away for the 78-61 victory

Bowden will light it up today at home.
I look for them to cover or close to it against a seasoned road team.
Our guys are for REAL.

We could sleep walk and still win by 20. Except Barnes always has his teams ready to play. Vols win easily

Could be a trap game, but looking at Lipscomb's wins and losses thus far I am not very impressed.

Vols by 20

Could be a trap game, but looking at Lipscomb's wins and losses thus far I am not very impressed.

Vols by 20
dont see a loss per se but game could be closer than expected if vols don’t bring their A game. Bisons swept Belmont, obviously a rivalry game but still impressive .

VN Store

Back