Fulkerson's minutes?

Still not 100%. I Heard is still only about 70%. He is going to help us as the season goes on. I have been very impressed with Walker so far.

We have a pretty deep bench even without Fulk. It's a good idea to not rush him. Ramp him up in the middle of the SEC grind. It won't be surprising to see Pons and Fulk getting a lot more minutes late in the season along with Fulkerson.

I wish Johnson could bring some offense. It would have been good to have another scorer when Schofield and Williams were in foul trouble. Barnes played it like a violin though. Defensive battle with just a few possessions.

Good that Turner stepped up, but his MO is to vanish in the next couple of games. We really need another go to offensive player. Johnson? Pons? Alexander? Bowden? Daniel?

Reactions: 2 people
He's simply not very good.

Not talented enough to play the wing and too frail to play the post.

Cant shoot or handle the ball.

He played about as much as he should have.

Pons looks to me to a year away. But he is exactly the type of player that Barnes can work with. I believe he’ll show great improvement by next year.

Hope you're not talking about Fulkerson. If so, you didn't see him play when he was 100% healthy last year before the injury. He has a lot of upside and has nice touch for a player his size. He'll continue to bulk up and is going to become a very nice player when he gets healthy.

Reactions: 13 people
Pons looks to me to a year away. But he is exactly the type of player that Barnes can work with. I believe he’ll show great improvement by next year.

Barnes has shown he can develop players, especially the ones that are willing to put in the work. Look at Alexander and how far he has come in 3 years.

Reactions: 3 people

Well none of this correct, so nicely done here

Reactions: 9 people

He's a post, not a wing right now. Maybe in a year or two he can step outside. I'm sure Barnes will be working on his shot over the next 3 off seasons... 2 if he's recruited over.

You're wrong about his ball handling. Putting the ball on the floor, yes... he's not a dribble/drive guy. He's not a perimeter shooter either. But ball handling to me is catching passes and distributing the ball. He's very good at both. He can be a threat on offense by slashing through the paint without the ball and taking a dish from another good passer like Williams. Walker is another post that passes well, but is still adjusting to this level of play. He has a nice jump hook from 10' or so away from the basket. He runs the floor very well, which when combined with his passing and catching skills makes him a contributor... just not that type of game tonight.

He can also protect the rim if the refs limit how much opposing post players are allowed to bang in the paint. He's usually good at drawing a charge or two.

He has limits, but he was productive last year b4 getting hurt. It may be awhile for him to get back to that level.

Barnes has shown he can develop players, especially the ones that are willing to put in the work. Look at Alexander and how far he has come in 3 years.

I wished Tennessee could have redshirted Alexander. He is improved so much from his freshman year. He made some nice blocks today. He can rebound and he is starting to score facing the basket. I do cringe when he shoots though.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't recall seeing him the 2nd half. What gives?

My take was that Fulkerson missed a couple of defensive assignments in succession and Barnes decided he'd give Walker a shot. GA Tech was abusing us inside in the first half and Walker made a stop or two right after he came in.

I wished Tennessee could have redshirted Alexander. He is improved so much from his freshman year. He made some nice blocks today. He can rebound and he is starting to score facing the basket. I do cringe when he shoots though.

I feel like Alexander has pretty nice touch for a 6-10 guy who has been playing ball for only 5 years. And it has vastly improved. FTs need some work, but his form is fine.

He's a guy that is showing signs of what hard work, good coaching, and development can do over a 4-year career. One of those "project" type players that actually develops and pans out instead of washing out.

He's an ideal point forward like Williams is. I think they need to get him a 'shift" to play in the first and second halfs (5-7 minutes each) to rest GW for down the stretch.

He was as good as any freshman we had last year before he got hurt.

That is exactly correct and one reason why established teams continue their success. Alexander is making good progress and would be a dominant big man by his sr yr (may be next yr) if he'd had the benefit of redshirting.

Hope you're not talking about Fulkerson. If so, you didn't see him play when he was 100% healthy last year before the injury. He has a lot of upside and has nice touch for a player his size. He'll continue to bulk up and is going to become a very nice player when he gets healthy.
When he's 100 percent he can make the crowd explode
He's exciting.

If Fulk gets a defensive rebound when healthy he can start a fast break quicker than anyone I have ever seen
Players need their head on a swivel or they get hit in the back of the head with a pass

Two things that I think are holding Fulk back. Obviously his injuries set him back. Also TN hasn't been able to dictate a fast pace. Fulk's sweet spot is a game when possessions never approach shot clock expirations.

Barnes says one of most athletic on team.

He's a great passer and has a high BBall IQ.
Great wingspan and hustles all the time.

He had 2 or 3 injuries he is trying to get over.
Sure a year in the weight room with a healthy upper body would help but he couldnt do that this off season.

If he's at 70% now I can assure you no one in the SEC wants to be guarded by this guy when he is 100%.

Heard that Fulk hasn’t been the same because he played Dallas 1v1 a week before the season started. Dal took him to the cup repeatedly and swatted the majority of Fulk’s shots. This really rattled his confidence.

Would have cost him his scholarship and given Dal his spot on the team but apparently (according to Fulk) “they didn’t shake on it.”

Barnes says one of most athletic on team.

He's a great passer and has a high BBall IQ.
Great wingspan and hustles all the time.

He had 2 or 3 injuries he is trying to get over.
Sure a year in the weight room with a healthy upper body would help but he couldnt do that this off season.

If he's at 70% now I can assure you no one in the SEC wants to be guarded by this guy when he is 100%.

Agree 100%. The percentage of practice time at that percent is the problem right now. Imo

He’s been just behind with rust still on him. His motor, effort and length WILL be put to good use once he’s somewhat caught up to the other bigs.

Already proved you wrong before getting injured last season.

VN Store

Back