Rate the basketball team against Mercer

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Didn’t get to watch the game tonight, but those of you who did, on a grading scale of A-F how would you rate the teams performance?

Hard to argue with a B+/A- from me. Solid guard play, great distribution, drained threes, Williams was almost unstoppable in the paint, good pressure defense.

Areas for improvement: watch the fouls, better rebounding, Alexander needs to be a bigger presence.

Reactions: 2 people
Typical midweek nonconference game. We were up 20+ before halftime and put it on cruise control in the 2nd half. Grades? A in the 1st, C in the 2nd.

Best part of the game... Jordan Bowden was on fire the 1st half. Even the announcers gave the Carter High Hornets some love.

Reactions: 1 person
Definite B or better.

Also was pretty cool seeing Darryl Strawberry at the game.

About a B over the full 40 minutes. Jumped on them quickly and never let them get close with their leading scorer sitting out. Barnes exploited the opportunity and it's kind of hard to come away with a definitive evaluation. Take the win and move on. It's not TN's problem that the opponent had a setback.

I'd give it a B. We looked very good and shot the lights out. Rebounding was not good at all. What is more concerning is that this is the 3rd game in a row we've lost the rebounding battle. Also, did we lose Kyle somewhere in the Bahamas?

Solid B plus. Mercer missed some bunnies right at the basket or it might have been closer. But the athleticism of the Vols may have caused some of that. I do like watching this team.

Defensive rebounding and fouls. It's a pattern now. Team needs to figure it out.

Typical midweek nonconference game. We were up 20+ before halftime and put it on cruise control in the 2nd half. Grades? A in the 1st, C in the 2nd.

Best part of the game... Jordan Bowden was on fire the 1st half. Even the announcers gave the Carter High Hornets some love.

They'll probably win their conference. Always good to beat a conference winner/tourney team

VN Store

Back