New Division I AP rankings are out.

StrangeVol

Looks like we are about 34th in the nation at present. I thought we might make the top 30 but apparently we didn't.

Coaches poll will be out later this afternoon.

TBHII, so has basketball. Truth be known, we’re a softball school. Haha

Bingo.

And before that we were a women's basketball school.

Football and basketball have had spurts during the Fulmer years and the Pearl/Green years but Softball and Women's Basketball are/were elite.

Btw how is our debate program? What about fencing? We good at anything obscure? Bruin... you know?

I just need some good news, I'll take it wherever I can get it. I'm that desperate right now.

Last edited:
Bingo.

And before that we were a women's basketball school.

Football and basketball have had spurts during the Fulmer years and the Pearl/Green years but those two programs are/were elite.

Btw how is our debate program? What about fencing? We good at anything obscure? Bruin... you know?

I just need some good news, I'll take it wherever I can get it. I'm that desperate right now.

Track is putting in work.

Not sure pointing out bball has been a secondary sport here is disparaging them, but okay.

Only program we have that knows what it’s doing.

That quote seems like a dig, perhaps unintended, at all sports, basketball included. Now Ziti's stance on Barnes is well-documented, and he'll likely claim I'm reading too much into it, but my guess is his post was carefully worded to stir the pot in a sense that he can plausibly deny its true intent.

I just think that this basketball team and coach has shown enough this season to deserve better than have our fans question, directly or indirectly, whether it "knows what it's doing."

Reactions: 3 people
Please God give me a CNCChris vs. Ziti showdown

This WWE Pay-Per-View is just what the Dr. ordered to cheer up from the Schiano/Currie BS and tie us over until Mercer.

Reactions: 3 people
That quote seems like a dig, perhaps unintended, at all sports, basketball included. Now Ziti's stance on Barnes is well-documented, and he'll likely claim I'm reading too much into it, but my guess is his post was carefully worded to stir the pot in a sense that he can plausibly deny its true intent.

I just think that this basketball team and coach has shown enough this season to deserve better than have our fans question, directly or indirectly, whether it "knows what it's doing."

We have one consistent winning program on campus. The softball team. It wasn’t worded any way other than plain and simple truth.

The softball program knows what it’s doing and wins big every single year in a conference where 12 out of 13 teams make the NCAAT.

Reactions: 1 person
We have one consistent winning program on campus. The softball team. It wasn’t worded any way other than plain and simple truth.

The softball program knows what it’s doing and wins big every single year in a conference where 12 out of 13 teams make the NCAAT.

But to play devil's advocate how many nattys they got?

But to play devil's advocate how many nattys they got?

Just as many as men's basketball. :p

and then there is that other girl's sport... :)

Seriously folks, we've got a good basketball team this year, and football not withstanding, the future is very bright for Coach Barnes and company! The best part is we aren't football. :good!:

VN Store

Back