Wilkerson > Kesling......by a lot

PandamoniumReigns

Bob Needs To Retire
I had to listen to the majority of the Atlantis games via radio. It's amazing that John Wilkerson is so much better than Bob Kesling at calling the games. Can we please just fire Bob?

Reactions: 7 people
truer words have not been spoken. I will add the two times I have interacted with bob, he was not a very nice person

I think Bob is pretty good at calling a BB game. Much better than football

I will agree. Bob is better at basketball than football. But he is still bad at both. He doesn't know the player's names or have any concept of what certain basketball terms even mean.

It's amazing that he has not gotten any better at his job in the nearly 2 decades he has had the job.

Reactions: 1 person
I had to listen to the majority of the Atlantis games via radio. It's amazing that John Wilkerson is so much better than Bob Kesling at calling the games. Can we please just fire Bob?

I have been for getting rid of Kesling for years. Seems to be a good guy, but absolutely horrible at play-by-play.

Wilkerson was able to “paint” the play in my mind. Much better than Bob. He seems to understand the need for more detail on radio more so than Kesling

I agree, which is weird because basketball is usually much faster paced and Bob always sounds like he can't keep up in football.

Both about same to me.

Wilkerson had a "Throws up a shot" thing that bothered me. Not everything is thrown

It's a simple job description.... Describe the game so that those listening have an accurate depiction of what is happening. That's it. If I failed at my job half as much as Bumbling Bob does, I'd have been fired years ago.

Hard to believe anyone will ever be as descriptive as John Ward. He just had a way of helping one visualize the game.

You just have to learn to make slight adjustments while listening to Bob. For example a "foul on Tennessee" means that a TN player was fouled. A "long 3-pointer" means the shooter's feet are just outside the 3-point line. A ball passed "out front" means it went to a wing. An 8 foot shot takes place from the free throw line. When Bob's painting the picture, think of it kind of like Dali's Persistence of Memory.

Reactions: 3 people
Truth be told, UTs downfall started when Ward retired.

I rememwber talking to him right around his retirement and asked him how the bball team was looking. He sat and talked with me for 30 minutes.

At the end of the convro he said he loves talking basketball.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back