Are Johnson and Pons injured?

Pons played but at times looked lost when they were running set plays. He also missed a dunk because the pass was behind him. I think he just needs time to be a part of a team rather than being the guy on a team.

Reactions: 1 person
I was looking forward to big things from Pons. It is still a possibility but he needs some time I believe. But I believe we need to be playing him as much as he is capable in the out of conference schedule to be able to get him ready for SEC play!

Johnson & Kent are healthy, just not playing. Pons is still nursing a sore ankle but even if healthy would still probably only see single digit minutes anyhow, has a ways to go.

Pons played but at times looked lost when they were running set plays. He also missed a dunk because the pass was behind him. I think he just needs time to be a part of a team rather than being the guy on a team.

Fortunately, I think we'll be fine without him having to rely on contributions from him

There was a rumor that Johnson had severe/chronic Shin Splints.

Something about some sort of surgery for it but have seen him on the court since then

There was a rumor that Johnson had severe/chronic Shin Splints.

Something about some sort of surgery for it but have seen him on the court since then

Those usually come with us old fogies. That’s not good for a 20 yr old.

Those usually come with us old fogies. That’s not good for a 20 yr old.

Back when I was running a lot I'd get them at some point every year it seemed like. They can take 2 weeks to go away or 2 months to go away. If you ignore them they can turn into a stress fracture.

I doubt he had a fasciotomy, though. Even if it was a micro fasciotomy he'd be out for a month or two. There could always be some other surgery for them that I don't know about, though.

Back when I was running a lot I'd get them at some point every year it seemed like. They can take 2 weeks to go away or 2 months to go away. If you ignore them they can turn into a stress fracture.

I doubt he had a fasciotomy, though. Even if it was a micro fasciotomy he'd be out for a month or two. There could always be some other surgery for them that I don't know about, though.

We used to blame it on playing/running on hard court too much. Since dudes are getting suspended for playing in church league, I doubt it’s playing too much on the asphalt. lol

Reactions: 1 person
Barnes took Turner instead. Turner at Houston versus the AAC would probably be lighting it up, play better defense, and get more assists, rebounds, and steals.

Yes sir. There was a reason Barnes didn't take him. Wasn't talent. I'm happy with Turner. He just needs better judgement at times. But we need Lofton making babies soon. LOL

Turner is vastly underrated by a lot here. He’s athletic as hell, he grabbed a rebound over haas against Purdue. He’s gonna be good.

I’m still upset we had Gray on campus, evaluated by Barnes and he said “nahhh”. Huge miss by Barnes and Co.

Maybe he knew that Tyndall didn’t do the recruitment 100% squeaky clean, and didn’t want to get involved? Makes sense

Yes sir. There was a reason Barnes didn't take him. Wasn't talent. I'm happy with Turner. He just needs better judgement at times. But we need Lofton making babies soon. LOL

Doesn’t he have a son? Lol I thought I remember seeing him post a picture. Could be wrong.

There's a big difference in a miss and a pass.

This. Barnes didn't have a lot of time to evaluate Gray. Barnes was hired March 31st, Gray committed to Houston two weeks later. It's not like Barnes was on campus when Gray visited and could give him a look. Tyndall brought him in and was fired the same day. Just a bad set of circumstances and timing for all parties. Barnes couldn't bring him back for a second visit.

VN Store

Back