Rick Barnes got his butt shown to him by Wright.

Vol Kilmer

I can’t believe Rick didn’t change our offense within the first minute of the second half.

Our “PGs” would dribble down, penetrate and then look to pass instead of shoot. Then the turnover. Then another turnover. Another turnover. Another. They were all the same play too. Turn the ball over at half court situation, easy bucket or foul for Villanova.

What did we have 12 turnovers in the second half?

I won’t even mention not getting the ball to Williams. That one was super obvious.

I love this team and I think Barnes is a good coach. Jay Wright had us pegged today after watching tape last night. That is why he is a top tier coach.

This team is in trouble if Daniels and Darrington can’t look to score more.

Reactions: 2 people
Nova is top 5. They're going to beat us 9/10 times regardless. We just don't have enough talent

Reactions: 13 people
The main reason Bone didn't play that much in the 2nd half, unless he was injured, is because he quit feeding Grant.

I agree with everything you just said. At least we could of had chance at making a shot when they bottled up Williams. Brunson put on a clinic and set up the open shooters.

Villanova definitely has better players, but we didn’t do anything to help out our chances today.

Just looked like keystone cops out there.

Reactions: 1 person
On the other site they'll cus you for telling the truth. Barnes did a terrible job of adjusting that 2nd half. HOWEVER... they did NOT quit. Gave em all they had. We are just at a talent and coaching disadvantage.

Geeze guys...we beat a top 20 team yesterday and took a top 5 team to the wire today.

Quit *****ing and enjoy the fact that we have a pretty good ball club.

Reactions: 49 people
Its like the #5 by Villanova doesn't exist. I'm critical at Times, but sometimes the other team is just that good.

UT gave a solid effort and fell short. No reason to throw in rhe towel

Someone hacked your account. :)

Wow, I was expecting to come here and read congratulations about how well we played against the number 5 team. We just don’t have the same level of players that Nova has, and it really isn’t even close. So far in my opinion, Rick Barnes is like the opposite of Butch Jones. He doesn’t recruit that well but he is a very solid coach who develops his players and has them playing above their talent level. He does need to step up recruiting though if we are really going compete for at least SEC championships, rather than just being satisfied to make the tournament. But I would definitely rather have a coach like Barnes who gets more out of his players than someone like Butch who just wastes talent.

Reactions: 8 people
You guys that come out of the woodworks are insane.

UT lost to the #5 team in the nation. They weren’t playing Grambling State.

They just be the #18 team the day before. The season has just started and this experience will go a long way come SEC play. This is a good team.

Reactions: 12 people
It definitely was a tale of two halves. We got dominated in the 2nd half, but we were very undisciplined with the ball. I bet we simply threw the ball away on 5 or 6 occasions in the 2nd half. A lot of lazy passes and ill-advised shots. That isn't necessarily a reflection of Barnes being outcoached, though being outcoached by Jay Wright isn't necessarily embarrassing. It's more a reflection of a team that got a little overconfident in the 1st half and then got schooled in the 2nd.

Reactions: 5 people
Hopefully we can have some solid years of making the tournament to attract better recruits. Our basketball program has been through so much turmoil that we can’t expect our recruiting classes to be too great at this point.

BigZiti's hero is *****ing about the recruits again. He said that he is "galled" that Garland is going to Vanderbilt.

Last edited:
I can’t believe Rick didn’t change our offense within the first minute of the second half.

Our “PGs” would dribble down, penetrate and then look to pass instead of shoot. Then the turnover. Then another turnover. Another turnover. Another. They were all the same play too. Turn the ball over at half court situation, easy bucket or foul for Villanova.

What did we have 12 turnovers in the second half?

I won’t even mention not getting the ball to Williams. That one was super obvious.

I love this team and I think Barnes is a good coach. Jay Wright had us pegged today after watching tape last night. That is why he is a top tier coach.

This team is in trouble if Daniels and Darrington can’t look to score more.

You don't make a single post in the basketball forum until the day after we upset number 18 when we lose a close game to number 5.

Come on now.

Reactions: 7 people
Right now Wisconsin is #5 in college football so this would be similar to us losing a really close football game to them. And the thing is we actually out recruit Wisconsin in football by quite a bit, whereas Nova definitely out recruits us in basketball. So you would think we’d have a much better chance to beat the # 5 football team than the # 5 basketball team.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back