Line: N/A

5_Game_2_Promo_B4A.jpg

Reactions: 8 people
Overall: Villanova leads, 2-1

In Knoxville: None

In Philadelphia: Villanova leads, 2-0

Neutral Sites: UT leads, 1-0

Current Streak: UT has won one straight

Last Meeting: UT won, 78-68, on Nov. 26, 2010, in New York, N.Y. for the NIT Season Tip-Off

Barnes vs. Villanova: 9-7

Barnes vs. Wright: 2-1

Reactions: 7 people
Founded in 1842 and located in Villanova, Pennsylvania, Villanova University is a member of the Big East Conference.

The Wildcats are ranked fifth in this week's AP poll and third in the coaches' poll.

Coach Jay Wright is in his 17th season with the Wildcats and his 24th season as a head coach.

With hopes of capturing a second-consecutive national championship, Villanova posted a 32-4 record last year and won the Big East Championship to earn the No. 1 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament before falling in the second round to Wisconsin.

This season, the Wildcats are charged with replacing the production of a senior trio (Josh Hart, Kris Jenkins and Darryl Reynolds) that led the program to its winningest era in school history (129-17).

Junior guard Jalen Brunson (14.7 ppg, 4.1 apg, 54 FG%) is the team's leading returning scorer from last season. He is joined by redshirt junior guard/forward Mikal Bridges (9.8 ppg, 4.6 rpg), who is one of the major offensive threats for the Wildcats.

The Vols and Villanova have met just three times previously, with VU owning a 2-1 edge. In the last matchup between the two schools, Tennessee claimed the series' only neutral-site clash, taking a 78-68 victory over the 7th-ranked Wildcats in the championship game of the 2010 NIT Season Tip-Off in Madison Square Garden.

Vols head coach Rick Barnes owns a 33-37 record against current Big East teams and is 9-7 against Villanova, with the majority of those contests coming when Barnes coached at Providence.

Reactions: 4 people
No matter the outcome this game will be a plus for the Vols strength of schedule when Tourney selection comes around in March.

Reactions: 2 people
Well, if we could count on you, it could have been better! Your own damn fault! Lol.

Is there anything I need to change?

I’ve never missed one. Was getting ready to make it

No, it’s just not as nice lol

I’ve never missed one. Was getting ready to make it

No, it’s just not as nice lol

Yeah, I'm not doing all that formatting from mobile. Dude you usually have it posted at 12AM, I thought you were busy for the holiday! And I've personally made a couple other game threads over the years btw...

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, I'm not doing all that formatting from mobile. Dude you usually have it posted at 12AM, I thought you were busy for the holiday! And I've personally made a couple other game threads over the years btw...

I post most of mine from mobile haha. I feel asleep early last night. Like 2 maybe haha. Just giving ya crap.

But if we lose, I will find you...🧐

Happy Thanksgiving

Reactions: 2 people
:)

I honestly felt bad about doing it, but it had to be done. Sorry Yank. You got tomorrow's though, right?

hey, you didn't know...you stepped up dog...that's the real point and the way of a Tennessee Volunteer...way to go...:salute:

GO VOLS...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Not even sure what to expect today, Nova is a damn good team, quite possibly the best team we will face all season...

I'm going 70-63 Nova

VN Store

Back