volsarelife1 post game thoughts:

volsarelife1

1. This is what you want and expect from a potential tourney team. Handling the inferior teams and not leaving any doubt.

2. Even though it's only 2 games I'm loving the fact that we're not just having to rely on Williams. He didn't have a good shooting night, but it didn't effect us.

3. I loved the 3 guard line-up that we ran at times tonight. Seemed to work great. Speaking of guards. How about Daniels with 10 assists to 0 turnovers. Outstanding.

4. More on the guard play. Wish we would run some isos with Darrington or just plays designed for him. He was really quick with his first step. Turner was hot, but I do feel as if he can be too ball hoggish at times. Bowden and Bone played exceptional tonight. Speaking of being ball hoggish, Bowden needs to be more.

5. Our starting forwards combined for 25 rebounds. Can't ask much for in that department.

6. 78% from the line and 44% from 3. That'll win you games right there.

7. Now for some negatives. While we did have more assists than turnovers, 17 turnovers is too much. We got sloppy at times.

8. Speaking of sloppy, we did look a little rough in the second half. Which is to be expected when you're up that much.

9. Overall a great start to the season. Let's have a good week at practice and get ready for the Battle 4 Atlantis.

Reactions: 3 people
I think the team's looks great to this point. I think we are going to be better than 13th in the SEC.

Nice write up VolsAreLife. Thanks.
I think Derrick can develop into a defensive force. Excited for this year. The 3 ball may cost us a game or two if they aren't falling, but I think this team will exceed expectations. Barnes could be in running for coach of the year when all is said and done.

1. This is what you want and expect from a potential tourney team. Handling the inferior teams and not leaving any doubt.

2. Even though it's only 2 games I'm loving the fact that we're not just having to rely on Williams. He didn't have a good shooting night, but it didn't effect us.

3. I loved the 3 guard line-up that we ran at times tonight. Seemed to work great. Speaking of guards. How about Daniels with 10 assists to 0 turnovers. Outstanding.

4. More on the guard play. Wish we would run some isos with Darrington or just plays designed for him. He was really quick with his first step. Turner was hot, but I do feel as if he can be too ball hoggish at times. Bowden and Bone played exceptional tonight. Speaking of being ball hoggish, Bowden needs to be more.

5. Our starting forwards combined for 25 rebounds. Can't ask much for in that department.

6. 78% from the line and 44% from 3. That'll win you games right there.

7. Now for some negatives. While we did have more assists than turnovers, 17 turnovers is too much. We got sloppy at times.

8. Speaking of sloppy, we did look a little rough in the second half. Which is to be expected when you're up that much.

9. Overall a great start to the season. Let's have a good week at practice and get ready for the Battle 4 Atlantis.

Even considering the competition have to be pleased with how the Vols have played the first two games.

Like you said too many turnovers, but given the way the game turned out it's hard to put much emphasis on that stat. Just need to make sure they don't give it up against Purdue.

I like what I see w Bowden, I'm looking for him to have a big game against Purdue. If so, I think we've got a good chance. Should be a good game

Nice write up VolsAreLife. Thanks.
I think Derrick can develop into a defensive force. Excited for this year. The 3 ball may cost us a game or two if they aren't falling, but I think this team will exceed expectations. Barnes could be in running for coach of the year when all is said and done.

Yeah I do worry about taking that many 3s every game. There's going to be some nights when they're not falling. On those games I hope we pound it inside.

VN Store

Back