schedule

what is the point of scheduling games like this one tonite. what do you have to gain?

This is a very young team that needs video for coaches to show them what they may be doing wrong. It's real game time speed and not practice. It's a way of seeing who is ahead of whom.

Last edited:
what is the point of scheduling games like this one tonite. what do you have to gain?

1. Experience as a team in a low pressure game scenario.

2. A ramp up into a tournament situation against better competition.

3. A win.

Also programs like High Point need games like this because they get paid a good chunk to come in and (usually) take a beating; just like smaller FBS and FCS schools in football.

It gives you a chance to make adjustments if need be, before you hit the meat of your schedule.

so if we could play 30 of these games a year that would give us experience and make them a good team. SMH

Dude come on. In our first 2 games combined we've given up less than 30 first half points and outscored our opponents by around 60 total points.

This team's confidence heading into the Battle 4 Atlantis will be sky-high.

Guess I am different. When I was athletically inclined I always wanted to compete against the best available

The B4A is loaded. It's a good schedule with a couple of tune ups before that 3 day grind versus some very good teams. Same deal when they return... some lesser teams before the defending national champion comes to the TBA.

Reactions: 1 person
Guess I am different. When I was athletically inclined I always wanted to compete against the best available

You must not be too familiar with college basketball scheduling.

...this is as tough of a schedule as you will find in the country this season.

Tell me more about your days of being "athletically inclined." I'd love to hear. :p

Kidding. But really, though...

Tell me more about your days of being "athletically inclined." I'd love to hear. :p

It may take him time to respond. Old Xbox injury.

Reactions: 2 people

So if Tennessee scheduled 30 games solely against RPI top-50 opponents and went 16-14, and missed the tourney, you wouldn't be setting at your keyboard telling us all how dumb it was to play that tough of a schedule?

Tennessee gets #19 Purdue next. If they win that one, they most likely get #3 Arizona. That good enough for you?

Edit: sorry, #5 Villanova, not Arizona. But Arizona is in the field. Along with NC State.

Last edited:

I'm 63 now bud, old bones ya know

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back