The Official Tennessee vs. High Point Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, SECN +

YankeeVol

Veni Vidi Vici
Tennessee Volunteers: 1-0 (0-0 SEC)

11-10-2017-11-54-15-PM-8314568.JPG

vs.

High Point Panthers: 1-0 (0-0 Big South)

600x460

NOV. 14 » THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA » KNOXVILLE, TENN. » 7:01 ET

Line: --
O/U: --

TV: SEC Network+
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius: --, XM: --
Online: WatchESPN

2_Game_Promo_High_Point.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Overall: No meetings

In Knoxville: No meetings

In High Point: No meetings

Neutral Sites: No meetings

Current Streak: N/A

Last Meeting: N/A

Barnes vs. High Point: No meetings

Barnes vs. Cherry: No meetings

• Tennessee has never previously faced High Point on the hardwood, but the Vols are 23-0 all-time against current members of the Big South Conference.

• Attendance for UT's opener on Friday was 15,047.

• Admiral Schofield tied his career-high with 22 points in Friday's win over Presbyterian.

• All 16 Vols on the roster played in that opening victory.

• Allow Tennessee to take an unblemished record into the Bahamas for the Battle 4 Atlantis.

• Extend Tennessee's home winning streak against non-conference opponents to eight games. That streak dates to last season's win over Appalachian State on Nov. 15, 2016.

Who was that hefty, sloppy coach that was in the TBA about ten years ago that kept putting his tie in his mouth? Seems like he was with a college a couple of hours away. He was hilarious. Yucked it up with the TN crowd. No, I'm not referring to ButterBean.

Who was that hefty, sloppy coach that was in the TBA about ten years ago that kept putting his tie in his mouth? Seems like he was with a college a couple of hours away. He was hilarious. Yucked it up with the TN crowd. No, I'm not referring to ButterBean.

Man, the tie in the mouth thing really does ring a bell.

Sounds like Dick Fick at Morehead St. He passed away in 2003 from bleeding ulcers. Had a chronic drinking problem but was a very good basketball coach.

Same strategy as Presbyterian...

Dominate the 1st half with your main rotational guys.
Get guys 10-16 a lot of minutes in the 2nd half.
Stay healthy.

Sounds like Dick Fick at Morehead St. He passed away in 2003 from bleeding ulcers. Had a chronic drinking problem but was a very good basketball coach.

That's him. He made that game very entertaining. He was having a great time and the UT fans right behind the Morehead State bench were as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 244
I'm sitting here, after reading about the adventures of the late and lamented Dick Fick, composing a song about his many exploits. Sung to the tune of "Big John" I think it has real promise. :)

Hoping to see Alexander continuing to show improvement and along with my man, Walker dominating the boards 2night. This team has me optimistic for a return to the Big Dance. Take care of High Point, early and get ready for the 1st true test, Purdue

15k for the opener is more than I would have guessed.

VN Store

Back