Expectations for 2017-2018 Vols

Expectations for 17-18 basketball Vols?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bleedingTNorange

Curious to get the barometer of the fan bases expectations as we get ready for opening night, barring catastrophic injuries what are your expectations for the 2017-2018 basketball Vols?

I think it’s time to make the post season. I want us to be on the right side of the bubble.

I’m afraid we don’t get comfortably in but I’m predicting we make the dance.

Reactions: 1 person
Unless the injury bug hits I think they make it fairly easily. I'm not real sure what the media who said they would finish near last in the SEC was looking at!

This team has a lot of talent and should get better as the year goes on.

I voted bubble, but I think I'll be disappointed if we miss out based on what I feel like we have. I really like our team makeup.

TN needs to get enough minutes for all 13 scholarship players so that if some can't make it through the season, there won't be a big drop off as there has been the last two seasons. Losing Punter was a serious set back. Last year there were all sorts of roster loses and absences.

Not to get ahead or overreact, but...

Georgia Tech, Iowa State and Wake Forest all look like very winnable games OOC

If Schofield shoots the three like last night and also contributes inside and if we don't have serious injury concerns we're a lock.

At this point, Barnes should have this team in the NCAA. However, I'm afraid that the SEC's strength is not going to be reflected when it comes to selection Sunday because the perception of SEC basketball isn't consistent with the reality. I think the Vols will be on the bubble.

At this point, Barnes should have this team in the NCAA. However, I'm afraid that the SEC's strength is not going to be reflected when it comes to selection Sunday because the perception of SEC basketball isn't consistent with the reality. I think the Vols will be on the bubble.

One heck of a start last Friday for the SEC. it's going to be banner year I think

and you may well be right. Perception of the SEC is not what it should be at this point. Maybe it will improve in the weeks ahead, but I'm a skeptic 'til I see it happen. A good run at Atlantis would be a plus along with our SEC brethren doing well in their OOC games, could go a long way toward changing perceptions.

I will say one thing, I think if we make the tournament, we will be very HOT in the tournament. I think once this team gets confident, it will be hard to stop.

Reactions: 1 person
Iowa State just lost by almost 20 to UW-Milwaukee, this after losing by almost 20 to Missouri in their first game. They scored in the 50's in both games, that game looking much more winnable.

I am certain Tennessee will be better, but I also believe the conference will be better. I believe bubble but hoping for a lock.

VN Store

Back