Pons injury?

When was this injury reported? The only players I know of being questionable / out are:
Darrington
Fulkerson
Johnson

From CRB, but Hyams(earlier this week) talked about Pons going up for a dunk or bucket and getting undercut, and landing right on his back and neck in practice. And Pons popped right up. Doubt this keeps him on the shelf long.

well I missed this one - what happened to Fulkerson ?

I'm not sure it's anything new. Last December he dislocated his elbow and messed up his wrist to where it needed surgery. Then, correct me if I'm wrong, didn't he also have his shoulder worked on? Maybe I'm mixing them up... there've been so many. Do we have an injury thread that lists who/what/when?

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not sure it's anything new. Last December he dislocated his elbow and messed up his wrist to where it needed surgery. Then, correct me if I'm wrong, didn't he also have his shoulder worked on? Maybe I'm mixing them up... there've been so many. Do we have an injury thread that lists who/what/when?

Shoulder came while rehabbing the others.

Reoccurring ankle sprains means that AirPons needs to learn how to land or develop more of a ground game. I spent my time as a high-flyer back in the day, and I stayed on crutches.

Reoccurring ankle sprains means that AirPons needs to learn how to land or develop more of a ground game. I spent my time as a high-flyer back in the day, and I stayed on crutches.

But could you beat Dal 1v1?

But could you beat Dal 1v1?

Sorry but I was only a 6'5" NAIA player Bruce Bowen type. No handles to speak of but I could defend the hell out you in the post and hit the occasional 3. I'm way past my prime but I can still kick a** in the over 40 league. Ha!

Sorry but I was only a 6'5" NAIA player Bruce Bowen type. No handles to speak of but I could defend the hell out you in the post and hit the occasional 3. I'm way past my prime but I can still kick a** in the over 40 league. Ha!

All the great teams had that player, though. Crucial piece of the puzzle. Spurs had Bowen, Bulls had Rodman, Lakers had Rick Fox and later had Artest/World Peace.

I think we can say that the Pons' injury was greatly exaggerated.

Based on the way he played, especially on offense, I believe he wasn't playing full-speed. I could just be making excuses for him though.

But is Darrington hurt or first into Barnesy's dog house? I don't recall any injuries and didn't notice if CRB addressed it in his post game show.

But is Darrington hurt or first into Barnesy's dog house? I don't recall any injuries and didn't notice if CRB addressed it in his post game show.

Barnes mentioned him being injured and how he expects him to get a good amount of minutes.

The most athletic play of the night was Pon's block of Clark's layup attempt. No way he was nursing an ankle injury to get the extension he got swatting that ball away 2 feet above the rim.

The most athletic play of the night was Pon's block of Clark's layup attempt. No way he was nursing an ankle injury to get the extension he got swatting that ball away 2 feet above the rim.

Yup, I have a feeling we are going to get a lot of that from Pons this season. Flashes of his insane athletic ability, but outside of that a very raw player who has a ways to go. I wasn't surprised by his inability to do much offensively, playing against zone probably is something he's really not used to and isn't the best way for him to take advantage of his athletic ability.

Yup, I have a feeling we are going to get a lot of that from Pons this season. Flashes of his insane athletic ability, but outside of that a very raw player who has a ways to go. I wasn't surprised by his inability to do much offensively, playing against zone probably is something he's really not used to and isn't the best way for him to take advantage of his athletic ability.

BTO any updates on any basketball recruits the Vols might be looking at? I read an article on rivals that said EJ Montgomery PF from Marietta is unlikely to sign in the early signing period. That might be a good thing if the Vols want to get involved with him.

VN Store

Back