Unofficial TN v Carson-Newman (exh) pre-game thread

Thunder Good-Oil

I hope that Yankee continues to post the Official Game Threads.

First of two exhibition games, at Clemson is over the weekend.

Thursday, 11/2/2017 at the TBA
7pm tip off

It's on the SEC Network+ (not to be confused with the SEC Network ALTERNATE channel on cable... SECNW+ is streaming)

The real season start is a little over a week away.

Reactions: 4 people
Carson-Newman was second to only TN with Rocky Top League participants. C-N had 8 while TN had 13 plus a few former players. Daniel. Pons, and Fulkerson were the 3 for UT that skipped the RTL.

These are C-N's 8. I haven't researched to see which are current and which are former players.

KNS:
Kyle Alexander Tennessee
Jacob Fleschman Tennessee

DeRoyal:
Jordan Bowden Tennessee
Jalen Johnson Tennessee
Mason Bates Carson Newman
Chris Clayton Carson Newman
Kellen King Carson Newman

Rice Buick:
Grant Williams Tennessee
Charles Clark Carson Newman
Zach Kent Tennessee
Brenden Coleman Carson Newman
Nick Rogers Carson Newman

Garza Law:
Admiral Schofield Tennessee
Will Adams Presbyterian << future opponent
Cameron Andre Carson Newman
Lucas Campbell Tennessee

Smithbilt Homes:
Jordan Bone Tennessee
Parker Role' Carson Newman
Brad Woodson Tennessee

Tillman Companies:
Chris Darrington Tennessee
Derrick Walker Tennessee

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Never been a basketball guy but i'm more excited for this game than watching Lyle on the sidelines for another weekend. Anyway, I'm pumped for some bball coming up and an exciting season. Hopefully we can go dancing in march!! GBO

Reactions: 3 people
damn Thunder...great job...:thumbsup:...we don need no stinkin' Yankee...:)

PS. can't wait to see what ole Coach Barnes has cooked up for us this year...buckle up...:)

GO VOLS!

Good stuff Thunder. Does anyone know if you can stream ESPNW+ (for this game) with a normal sports package?

Like I can stream ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU but didn’t know if I could with this one.

If not I’ll pirate it, but overall I like to use legitimate means when I can.

damn Thunder...great job...:thumbsup:...we don need no stinkin' Yankee...:)

PS. can't wait to see what ole Coach Barnes has cooked up for us this year...buckle up...:)

GO VOLS!

I know you're just kidding. Yankee's "Official" game threads pull in the nuggets off of utsports.com about the teams and the matchup. But UT doesn't put it up until close to the tip off. The "official" game thread is also where I'll fight the posters about putting in the Lew Evans types or not.

I do like that Sling offers SECN+

Will be in Rupp Friday night cheering on Centre College.

Are we sure this is happening today? There is no news about it whatsoever, not even on utsports.com. I think that Barnes is going to surprise the SEC this year. He has the players to match up with anyone, and I don't see a game on the schedule that we can't compete in, except for the occasional cold-shooting nights where 3-ball isn't falling.

Are we sure this is happening today? There is no news about it whatsoever, not even on utsports.com. I think that Barnes is going to surprise the SEC this year. He has the players to match up with anyone, and I don't see a game on the schedule that we can't compete in, except for the occasional cold-shooting nights where 3-ball isn't falling.

Today is Wednesday November 1st

VQ saying Fulkerson, Johnson and Darrington are all questionable to play...Fulk most likely to play, then Johnson and likely Darrington doesn't play, nothing official though.

Would think we will see a lot of Bone, Daniel, Turner, Bowden, Schofield, Pons, Williams, Walker and Alexander.

VQ saying Fulkerson, Johnson and Darrington are all questionable to play...Fulk most likely to play, then Johnson and likely Darrington doesn't play, nothing official though.

Would think we will see a lot of Bone, Daniel, Turner, Bowden, Schofield, Pons, Williams, Walker and Alexander.

What happened to Darrington?

edit: nm, forgot he had a high-ankle sprain

Last year Jalen Johnson played 8 minutes

he wasn't physically able to play much more than that. that's why he was red shirted.
I expect them to take a good look at Kent in the exhs. and then make their decision on his RS.
I do think he'll red shirt though.

he wasn't physically able to play much more than that. that's why he was red shirted.
I expect them to take a good look at Kent in the exhs. and then make their decision on his RS.
I do think he'll red shirt though.

Guess we'll see...I think they're gonna try to get the guys they know are going to be contributors and who are new all the minutes they can. Knocking the rust off Fulky and letting Walker continue to gain experience seem more important to me than seeing what a likely RS player can do against a D2 school, but JMO.

I also don't buy Johnson couldn't physically handle playing against Slippery Rock.

Last edited:
We will all know tomorrow, and I’m happier than a tornado in a trailer park because of it

It has been a few years, but I really believe this team has a chance to be "different". By different, I believe they will exceed national expectations by quite a bit.

I will be there to cheer them on, and to see if my hunch is likely to be right.

Of course I’ll do the game threads :hi:

It’s about the only thing keeping me interested in the team lol

VN Store

Back