Vols schedule 3rd exhibition

bleedingTNorange

Tennessee has joined in on the NCAA waiver allowing teams a 3rd exhibition to benefit hurricane relief. The Vols will play Clemson November 5th, at Clemson. Should be a great test for the Vols, Clemson is considered a fringe tourney team and is ranked very similarly to UT by KenPom. Most have Clemson ahead of Wake Forest and Georgia Tech who Tennessee plays later in the year so this should be a pretty good barometer.

Reactions: 5 people
I like it. The extra game time speed for the freshman, and more time for everybody to hopefully gel a little bit.

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee has joined in on the NCAA waiver allowing teams a 3rd exhibition to benefit hurricane relief. The Vols will play Clemson November 5th, at Clemson. Should be a great test for the Vols, Clemson is considered a fringe tourney team and is ranked very similarly to UT by KenPom. Most have Clemson ahead of Wake Forest and Georgia Tech who Tennessee plays later in the year so this should be a pretty good barometer.

This game in no way counts?

Great news! A good test on the road for this team to get their feet wet against a pretty evenly matched squad. :)

It could be a good barometer, but I bet we see the whole bench like a real exhibition. I'm not sure we'll play it like a real game even though its against a power 5 team. At least I hope we do. Maybe we'll actually see Kent play

It could be a good barometer, but I bet we see the whole bench like a real exhibition. I'm not sure we'll play it like a real game even though its against a power 5 team. At least I hope we do. Maybe we'll actually see Kent play

I agree everyone probably plays, but I would think the first half to 3/4 of the game wil be played pretty competitively before they dig into the bench.

Okay. I guess "exhibition" is a bad term. Scrimmages makes more sense.

Whatever you want to call it. The NCAA allows you to play another team 2 times prior to the season, you can use those how you want...most previous UT coaches have done the 2 exhibitions at TBA in front of fans. Barnes has chose to do the 1 "secret scrimmage" against Davidson each year and then the 2nd against a lower level team at TBA. This year the NCAA granted a waiver for a 3rd game to benefit hurricane relief fund, Tennessee will play Clemson.

VN Store

Back