KenPom Rankings

bleedingTNorange

Released tonight, Vols come in at #43...

SEC Rankings:
2- Kentucky
8- Florida
15- Texas A&M
23- Alabama
38- Vanderbilt
43- Tennessee
46- Auburn
48- South Carolina
52- Ole Miss
56- Arkansas
59- Mississippi State
63- Georgia
81- Missouri
91- LSU

Notable OOC opponents:
#13 UNC
#17 Purdue
#34 Iowa State
#44 Georgia Tech
#57 Wake Forest

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Yet they have us finishing 13th....something doesn't add up with the predictions 🤔

Reactions: 1 person
Predicting an 9-9 conference record
15-13 in currently scheduled games

Has us as only a 2 point underdog to UNC

According to my count that puts us a 6th in the SEC which I think will prove to be about right. Next year we'll move up a bit.

Because this guy does his homework. His predictions mean something because he is respected and wants to stay that way. Unlike these hacks that just assume UT will suck because they didn't have a highly rated recruiting class the last 2 years. He remembers UT was a bubble team with 3 weeks to go in the season

Reactions: 2 people
Because this guy does his homework. His predictions mean something because he is respected and wants to stay that way. Unlike these hacks that just assume UT will suck because they didn't have a highly rated recruiting class the last 2 years. He remembers UT was a bubble team with 3 weeks to go in the season

Spot on.

Don't understand why some are getting bent out of shape about pre-season rankings.

If any of this stuff helped you win or lose a game it might be important.

Of course, the only thing which is important is how you play throughout the season. If you win a lot of games you'll be a tournament team.

Win games and it's all good.

The only thing that has bothered me about pre-season predictions from the "experts" (including ones in our own local media) is that nobody has bothered to much homework on us. It's not like we're hearing any specific reasons why we're projected to finish near the bottom of the SEC. It seems the consensus is that since we don't have any 5 star players coming in and haven't made the tournament in a few years that we'll be bottom feeders.

This team has more talent and more experience than our team last year. I'm ready for the season to start.

Cuonzo getting no respect

I don’t know why people think they are gonna be good. They were awful last year. Yeah he had a good class but it isn’t like one of those Kentucky classes with 5 top 20 players. Can’t fix that Missouri team in one year.

The only thing that has bothered me about pre-season predictions from the "experts" (including ones in our own local media) is that nobody has bothered to much homework on us. It's not like we're hearing any specific reasons why we're projected to finish near the bottom of the SEC. It seems the consensus is that since we don't have any 5 star players coming in and haven't made the tournament in a few years that we'll be bottom feeders.

This team has more talent and more experience than our team last year. I'm ready for the season to start.

This. Picking us 13th was just lazy prediction from people who didn't do research. I don't think we should be top-4, but logic and reasoning should of had us top-8, IMO.

Reactions: 2 people
Advanced analysis through statistics and research > media talking heads spurting nonsense.

This is a much more accurate prediction than the garbage that has us at 13th.

Projected SEC Standings

1. Kentucky - 14-4
T2. Florida - 12-6
T2. Texas A&M 12-6
4 Alabama 11-7
T5. Vanderbilt 9-9
T5. Tennessee 9-9
T5. Auburn 9-9
T5. Mississippi 9-9
T9. South Carolina 8-10
T9. Arkansas 8-10
T9. Mississippi St 8-10
T9. Georgia 8-10
13. Missouri 5-13
14. LSU 5-13

He's projecting the SEC to be the 3rd best conference this year behind the Big 12 and Big East. Last year SEC was 5th. ACC falls from 2nd to 4th. B1G from 4th to 5th.

Essentially, even though Mizzou and LSU are not good, they should be a lot better than LY. Also a more competitive middle-of-the-pack. Teams 5-12 are all competitive

Good stuff GB. Thanks for sharing.

I would love to see us go 10-8 or 11-7 in the conference. Couple that with 8-4 non conference record and were gonna be on the bubble with a shot. I think the winning record in conference play would be big for our tournament hopes.

Last year's backcourt was a patchwork quilt of freshman. This year they return stronger, healthier and more experienced than last season. Throw in the fact that we've added a 1st team JUCO All-American and a grad transfer who led the country in scoring 2 seasons ago and our guard play will be miles ahead of last season. That alone should account for 2-3 more wins than last year.

When combined with our added depth on the low post and (hopefully) Fulk returning at full speed and I think 19-21 regular season wins is the benchmark.

Last edited:
I don’t know why people think they are gonna be good. They were awful last year. Yeah he had a good class but it isn’t like one of those Kentucky classes with 5 top 20 players. Can’t fix that Missouri team in one year.

I think they have just as much talent, if not more than LSU had with Simmons...so question is Johnny Jones or Cuonzo Martin? As much as you dislike Martin as a coach I don't think even you would say JJ is the better coach. That LSU team went 18-13(11-17), finished 3rd in the SEC and was a bubble team.

This. Picking us 13th was just lazy prediction from people who didn't do research. I don't think we should be top-4, but logic and reasoning should of had us top-8, IMO.

I can make an argument and also understand why people have us 10/11, but yes 13 was a surprise. While I think we finish higher than 10/11, like I said I could see why some would have us there.

He's projecting the SEC to be the 3rd best conference this year behind the Big 12 and Big East. Last year SEC was 5th. ACC falls from 2nd to 4th. B1G from 4th to 5th.

Essentially, even though Mizzou and LSU are not good, they should be a lot better than LY. Also a more competitive middle-of-the-pack. Teams 5-12 are all competitive

Yea he has 5th-12th separated by 1 game, pretty crazy stuff. We need to win the games we lost last year, meaning no 15-20 point leads ending up in L's.

Good stuff GB. Thanks for sharing.

I would love to see us go 10-8 or 11-7 in the conference. Couple that with 8-4 non conference record and were gonna be on the bubble with a shot. I think the winning record in conference play would be big for our tournament hopes.

KenPom has us 6-4 OOC with 2 games unknown in B4A, assuming those result in a split he has us 7-5 OOC, we really need to better that. The WF, GT and ISU games are big, winnable games against solid competition, ideally need 2-1 in those 3.

VN Store

Back