If you...

amillz

If you add any former Vol to this team from the 90's on to help us make the Tourney who would it be?

Reactions: 1 person
The easy answer is Allan Houston, but if not him, Marcus Haislip could do wonders for this team's offensive presence in the post. Though technically, he didn't break out until the 01-02 season, he was a freshman in 99-00.

I don't remember making it to the tournament when he was here.

He was on teams with horrible players surrounding him and his Dad Wade was one of the worst coaches in the history of sports. A. Houston is the best basketball VOL to ever play at UT not named Bernard King.

Reactions: 3 people
Of course, the best player from the 90s.. Allan Houston.

But aside from him, just give me someone who could hit 3s at a consistent rate and stretch a defense

Of course, the best player from the 90s.. Allan Houston.

But aside from him, just give me someone who could hit 3s at a consistent rate and stretch a defense

Jerry Green's 99-00 roster has about 5 guys who in their prime would be the best player on this 17-18 team.

Slay, Yarbrough, Tony Harris, Isaiah Victor, Haislip. That team also had Jon Higgins, Terence Woods, CJ Black, Chuck Hathaway.

Loaded.

My bad I meant like 1990-2016, I knew we would all pick Bernard if we did all time. Would anybody choose Lofton over Houston?

My bad I meant like 1990-2016, I knew we would all pick Bernard if we did all time. Would anybody choose Lofton over Houston?

I would consider Chism and Tobias very seriously...this team imo most lacks a go to post player that can provide some offense. While Houston and Lofton are tempting, to me the win total increases the most by adding a big man that could give us 16 & 10.

I would consider Chism and Tobias very seriously...this team imo most lacks a go to post player that can provide some offense. While Houston and Lofton are tempting, to me the win total increases the most by adding a big man that could give us 16 & 10.

Agree. Ron Slay right there with those guys as well.

Tony Harris, Allan Houston and Lofton are fun choices but this team would probably benefit more from Slay, Chis or Tobias.

Marcus Haislip. Muscular 6'10 forward who could be on the floor for 35 minutes a game, average 17ppg and shoot .520 from the field.

Technically speaking he played for 1 year in the 90's and I wanted to choose someone that nobody else would.

Houston was the best player in the 90's but our team this year has more experience and depth in the backcourt than we do in the middle of the lineup and at the post, which is why I went with a forward.

Wish I could be original, but all mine have been mentioned. Slay, Haislip or CLo for me.

Marcus Haislip. Muscular 6'10 forward who could be on the floor for 35 minutes a game, average 17ppg and shoot .520 from the field.

Technically speaking he played for 1 year in the 90's and I wanted to choose someone that nobody else would.

Houston was the best player in the 90's but our team this year has more experience and depth in the backcourt than we do in the middle of the lineup and at the post, which is why I went with a forward.

Hmmmm

VN Store

Back