Schwartz on This Season

A very insightful look at this year's team.
Covers the new guys.
Most improved returnee. TGO may want to watch this segment on Admiral. Ammo on one of your views.
I'd be very comfortable if this guy was Barnes' successor upon retirement.
A very good 13 minutes of BB talk. Well worth the watch.

Michael Schwartz - UT Basketball Asst Coach - YouTube

Good stuff from Schwartz. Thanks, calban

Reactions: 1 person
I've been a big fan of Michael Schwartz ever since he was added to the staff.
He's definitely going to be a head coach somewhere sooner than later.

I've been a big fan of Michael Schwartz ever since he was added to the staff.
He's definitely going to be a head coach somewhere sooner than later.

Got head coach written all over him. I hope Rick will groom him and give him reason to stick around.

"There's a possibility we see Admiral at the 2-guard. Not that he's a traditional 2-guard..."

I think this was a highly debated subject at one point. Was it TGO who said this and everyone was on his case about it?

"There's a possibility we see Admiral at the 2-guard. Not that he's a traditional 2-guard..."

I think this was a highly debated subject at one point. Was it TGO who said this and everyone was on his case about it?

Believe it when I see it.

Yup it was, I will be shocked if it happens but we'll see, definitely lends a little bit of credibility to what TGO was saying.

Actually one reason why I thought that Schofield could see some significant minutes at the 2 was because Johnson also needed to be on the floor but his outside shot was average while AS was consistently hitting open 3s. Circumstances have changed and we're deep at the 2 with Daniel, Turner, Bowden, and even Darrington if Bone's at the point.

I like the lineup of:
Darrington
Schofield
Johnson
Williams
Walker

But as long as Johnson isn't ready to go:
Darrington
Daniel
Schofield
Williams
Walker

In either case, unless he has really built up his stamina, Walker might be a better contributor coming off of the bench.

Actually one reason why I thought that Schofield could see some significant minutes at the 2 was because Johnson also needed to be on the floor but his outside shot was average while AS was consistently hitting open 3s. Circumstances have changed and we're deep at the 2 with Daniel, Turner, Bowden, and even Darrington if Bone's at the point.

I like the lineup of:
Darrington
Schofield
Johnson
Williams
Walker

Darrington
Daniel
Schofield
Williams
Walker

In either case, unless he has really built up his stamina, Walker might be a better contributor coming off of the bench.

When AS is on the court at the 2, which I also believe will happen, a lot of people are going to pretend they never disagreed with you.

When AS is on the court at the 2, which I also believe will happen, a lot of people are going to pretend they never disagreed with you.

No doubt AS can play the 2 on the offensive end. Might be a matchup problem on D, but Barnes is versatile... he could run some zone.

This is me reading WAY to much into it

But

Sounded like Pons has a ways to go

Seemed absolutely delighted with Walker

Was positive on Daniel and Darrington

Sounds really pleased with Admiral's development

Sounds like we will be an improved team!

No doubt AS can play the 2 on the offensive end. Might be a matchup problem on D, but Barnes is versatile... he could run some zone.

the matchup on D is the only reason I didn't see it from happening. But you bring up a good point with the zone

I like the lineup of:
Darrington
Schofield
Johnson
Williams
Walker

Darrington
Daniel
Schofield
Williams
Walker

Naw fam jalen will play 2 before schofield will he just more skilled.

This is me reading WAY to much into it

But

Sounded like Pons has a ways to go

Seemed absolutely delighted with Walker

Was positive on Daniel and Darrington

Sounds really pleased with Admiral's development

Sounds like we will be an improved team!

Sounds like a logical summary to me, omghh.

But maybe now's a good time to remind ourselves that (unless preseason ticket sales will determine their employment next year) what coaches say in preseason will be worded more for its impact on his players than on the fans.

A coach's primary loyalty is to his players, to maximize their growth and production within the team concept. The words he chooses for public statements will also be gauged by each player's personality, what he responds to, or what he needs to hear at the moment.

So ironically, praise could be directed at a player who's actually under-performing but responds well to encouragement, and criticism toward a guy who's having a great off-season but is prone to rest on his accomplishments.

FWIW: Few of us fans will ever know. But we create an insatiable market, over-saturated with people trying to make a buck convincing us that we do know something. It's as good a pastime as any other game, until we start holding people responsible for expectations we created in our own minds.

Reactions: 2 people
A very insightful look at this year's team.
Covers the new guys.
Most improved returnee. TGO may want to watch this segment on Admiral. Ammo on one of your views.
I'd be very comfortable if this guy was Barnes' successor upon retirement.
A very good 13 minutes of BB talk. Well worth the watch.

Michael Schwartz - UT Basketball Asst Coach - YouTube
10-Spaceballs-quotes.gif

VN Store

Back