Pick your 10

bleedingTNorange

I've seen a few guys who cover the team mention the last couple weeks they see Barnes going 10 deep at the most, not saying that's dead set but just for conversation purposes during this slow period let's say they're correct. Who are your 10 and approximately how many minutes do you think each gets?
Mine...

Grant Williams 28
Admiral Schofield 26
James Daniel 22
Jordan Bone 20
Chris Darrington 20
Derrick Walker 20
John Fulkerson 20
Lamonte Turner 18
Jordan Bowden 18
Yves Pons 8

Alexander & Johnson seeing limited minutes and Kent redshirting

I've seen a few guys who cover the team mention the last couple weeks they see Barnes going 10 deep at the most, not saying that's dead set but just for conversation purposes during this slow period let's say they're correct. Who are your 10 and approximately how many minutes do you think each gets?
Mine...

Grant Williams 28
Admiral Schofield 26
James Daniel 22
Jordan Bone 20
Chris Darrington 20
Derrick Walker 20
John Fulkerson 20
Lamonte Turner 18
Jordan Bowden 18
Yves Pons 8

That's probably what my 10 looks like unless Johnson can hold off Pons.

That's probably what my 10 looks like unless Johnson can hold off Pons.

I feel like picking 9 is easy...10th having to pick between Johnson/Pons/Alexander was difficult. Alexander as a junior you would think is most likely, but Fulkerson was the better player last season and supposedly Walker looks better than both.

I feel like picking 9 is easy...10th having to pick between Johnson/Pons/Alexander was difficult. Alexander as a junior you would think is most likely, but Fulkerson was the better player last season and supposedly Walker looks better than both.

Yeah, Alexander better grow up and develop quick this fall or PT is gonna be at a premium for him.

It's a good problem to have. The most depth we've had since the Pearl years. He could almost go 12 deep if he wanted to.

So, now u agree with me about Walker over Alexander? I still think Alexander will start the season getting more minutes than Walker but within 5-8 games, Walker will take more and more of those minutes.

So, now u agree with me about Walker over Alexander? I still think Alexander will start the season getting more minutes than Walker but within 5-8 games, Walker will take more and more of those minutes.

Based on all reports it sounds like Walker is this years Grant Williams, definitely a positive development.

Jumping the gun I know, but if Walker lives up to early hype him, Williams, Fulk and Kent down low to go with the Dirk'ish Serb(if we can land him) would be a nice front court next year.

Mine...

Grant Williams 28
Admiral Schofield 26
James Daniel 22
Jordan Bone 20
Chris Darrington 20
Derrick Walker 20
John Fulkerson 20
Lamonte Turner 18
Jordan Bowden 18
Yves Pons 8

My 10 would be identical but I'd like to see Grant in the floor for 30 minutes and I'd take those minutes from Walker. I'd also take 5 minutes away from Fulk before conference play to give him time to get in shape. I'd give those minutes to a guy or two in the backcourt and play with a smaller lineup OR give them to Alexander.

I just don't see Rick spreading 40 minutes on the post between a freshman and a guy coming off of a major surgery while keeping Alexander on the pine. I think he gets some floor time around the 10 minute mark in the first half at the start of the season.

PG- Darrington 25, Bone 15
SG- Daniel 20, Turner 10, Bowden 10
SF- Scofield 25, Johnson/Pons split 15 based on game.

PF- G.Williams 30, Fulk 10
C- Walker 20, Alexander 15, Fulk 5

I think everyone minus Kent will log mins this year. Fouls and matchups will change the lineups on a nightly basis.

Jumping the gun I know, but if Walker lives up to early hype him, Williams, Fulk and Kent down low to go with the Dirk'ish Serb(if we can land him) would be a nice front court next year.

This speculating is getting old. It's just plain disrespectful to Alexander. Stop trolling him it's really getting old.

In all seriousness I don't get why posters are discounting Alexander. He's been decent and I see him Only getting better.

He hasn't shown a ton of improvement and by all accounts, is being passed up by a freshman. Not to mention he was being outplayed by a freshman last season until Fulk got hurt.

He faced an uphill battle from the start. Limited basketball experience meant the learning curve for him needing to play big minutes early was going to be steep. He is being joined by guys who have played all their lives and they are monopolizing playing time at his expense. He needs to get stronger, get meaner, and learn to finish in the paint offensively. He is a decent defender and a pretty good rebounder already.

Last edited:
I just want to see him get pissed off one time, and see what happens. I've seen improvement each year, just doesn't seem to be a any kind of sense of urgency or passion there. jmo

This speculating is getting old. It's just plain disrespectful to Alexander. Stop trolling him it's really getting old.

The irony in the post is almost too much. You should take a look at any number of your posts in the RF and take your own advice. :hi:

Reactions: 3 people
I just want to see him get pissed off one time, and see what happens. I've seen improvement each year, just doesn't seem to be a any kind of sense of urgency or passion there. jmo

Oops. Read back a post or 2. thought u were talking about Barnes.

Last edited:
He hasn't shown a ton of improvement and by all accounts, is being passed up by a freshman. Not to mention he was being outplayed by a freshman last season until Fulk got hurt.

He faced an uphill battle from the start. Limited basketball experience meant the learning curve for him needing to play big minutes early was going to be steep. He is being joined by guys who have played all their lives and they are monopolizing playing time at his expense. He needs to get stronger, get meaner, and learn to finish in the paint offensively. He is a decent defender and a pretty good rebounder already.

I read somewhere that his production with rebounding and shot blocking was on par with the tops in the league per minute played. Can't recall where but I took that to be accurate.

If I had to pick just 10:

PG - Chris Darrington 25, Jordan Bone 15
SG - James Daniel III 20, Jordan Bowden 10, Lamonte Turner 10
SF - Admiral Schofield 30, Jalen Johnson 10
PF - Grant Williams 30, Derrick Walker 10
C - Kyle Alexander 25, Derrick Walker 15

Fulkerson and Pons see limited minutes.

Kent redshirts.

I really think all but Kent (RS) will see 5+ minutes per game (average at end of season). It's a good problem to have when picking "only" 10 players is hard to do.

VN Store

Back