Yahoo reporting Bama and South Carolina named

wmcovol

In FBI corruption probe.

Not surprised Frank Martin's program is involved in this. He grew up in HuggyBear's program.

Reactions: 1 person
In FBI corruption probe.

Not surprised Frank Martin's program is involved in this. He grew up in HuggyBear's program.

Bama cheats??? I'm as shocked as Rick Pitino. They don't have the NCAA to protect them now like they do in football.

Reactions: 4 people
the **** has hit the fan...finally...what a joke the NCAA is...took the FBI to try to clear up corruption that has gone on for years...about time...UT could be a benefactor...paging Coach Barnes...:)

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 people
NCAA couldn't clean it up cause they didn't WANT to clean it up. Their big paycheck is the NCAA tournament. They want the Dukies, cats, UNC (usually no classes), Louisville with RickyP in the tourney.

FBI should investigate the NCAA next.

Reactions: 16 people
Sports agents, unscrupulous coaches, shoe & uniform companies, AAU, handlers, NCAA, etc...just a HUGE mess.:ermm:

Reactions: 2 people
Sports agents, unscrupulous coaches, shoe & uniform companies, AAU, handlers, NCAA, etc...just a HUGE mess.:ermm:

Am I off-base here, but it seems to me that everyone in the sports media knew what was going on too. Why have they not broke this open before now? It just appears to me that they, as a group, must have been complicit in this too. Anyone heard of investigative journalism?!

Obviously, it is more an ethical thing for journalists, rather than legal, but still...If they knew stuff, why weren't they reporting it?...Unless they didn't want it to hurt their local/favorite team.

Am I off-base here, but it seems to me that everyone in the sports media knew what was going on too. Why have they not broke this open before now? It just appears to me that they, as a group, must have been complicit in this too. Anyone heard of investigative journalism?!

Obviously, it is more an ethical thing for journalists, rather than legal, but still...If they knew stuff, why weren't they reporting it?...Unless they didn't want it to hurt their local/favorite team.

Because when they do, and people don't like what was asked/investigated, they get accused of "stirring the pot" and "fake news". As is evident of this board bad-mouthing Hyams for asking a question on Monday.

Reactions: 1 person
Is this the same Rick Pitino who knocked up a mistress and helped her abort their child, then got a slap on the wrist from UL, then a raise and extension? He was always a big Slick Willy supporter too. Makes sense.

NCAA couldn't clean it up cause they didn't WANT to clean it up. Their big paycheck is the NCAA tournament. They want the Dukies, cats, UNC (usually no classes), Louisville with RickyP in the tourney.

FBI should investigate the NCAA next.

Exactly what I thought! NCAA has *****footed around for years. If you're a school that brings in big bucks you are protected by them. UNC should be in jail over their scandal but instead they're reigning National Champions! Louisville has been beyond dirty and they did nothing! So glad Pitino and Jurich finally got what they deserved!

I also think the FBI should investigate the NCAA. Lord knows what they'd find!!

Last edited:
Exactly what I thought! NCAA has *****footed around for years. If you're a school that brings in big bucks you are protected by them. UNC should be in jail over their scandal but instead they're reigning National Champions! Louisville has been beyond dirty and they did nothing! So glad Pitino and Jurich finally got what they deserved!

I also think the FBI should investigate the NCAA. Lord knows what they'd find!!
RW from UNC and MK from Duke could assassinate a rival coach in broad daylight, and the NCAA would put out a statement saying they feel the public sentiment against them is too harsh.

https://sports.yahoo.com/alabama-caught-fbi-probe-001659682.html

quote from the article:

"Wednesday night, Alabama accepted the resignation of men’s basketball administrator Kobie Baker after an internal review. Baker’s previous job: assistant director of enforcement at the NCAA"

You can't make this stuff up. Of course they put former NCAA enforcement guys on their payroll and OF COURSE nobody says a word about it. And OF COURSE he's corrupt. What a joke.

https://sports.yahoo.com/alabama-caught-fbi-probe-001659682.html

quote from the article:

"Wednesday night, Alabama accepted the resignation of men’s basketball administrator Kobie Baker after an internal review. Baker’s previous job: assistant director of enforcement at the NCAA"

You can't make this stuff up. Of course they put former NCAA enforcement guys on their payroll and OF COURSE nobody says a word about it. And OF COURSE he's corrupt. What a joke.

Bama prescribes to the theory "keep your friends close and your enemies closer". They hired the guy to do the dirty work cause he knew the NCAA couldn't catch them. But they never figured the FBI would be involved.

Way Too early for Ky fans or fans of any team not coached by Rick Barnes to think they're off the hook. I think Cal has been on Zoloft since Tuesday night. If they have Rick Barnes guys on tape recruiting ANYONE it would shock me.

Because knowing it's going on and proving it's going on are two different animals. A lot of character liability involved for a journalist to attempt an exposé. They also don't have the resources or authority of the federal government.

I think Cal has been on Zoloft since Tuesday night.

No doubt. I'm picturing a BUNCH of college coaches around the country and their assistants taking apart phones, lamps, etc. looking for bugs...passing handwritten notes, whispering. This could impact many programs. Based on the quote that a rival apparel company was also involved I think this is only the beginning.

Back to bama, I wonder just how many former NCAA enforcement people they have on the payroll? Such a blatantly obvious tactic to enjoy favoritism with the NCAA. Yet it'll be business as usual down there...nothing happens...nothing. Oh well.

Funny how it takes the FBI to clean up the NCAA's corruption. I hope they drill Kentucky and Duke next. Maybe we'll start to see some bigger recruits finally come our way since there will be a level playing field.

Is this the same Rick Pitino who knocked up a mistress and helped her abort their child, then got a slap on the wrist from UL, then a raise and extension? He was always a big Slick Willy supporter too. Makes sense.

The two things are unrelated. Just like Trump being an idiot doesn't make you one despite voting for him.

VN Store

Back