Federal Charge for four Hoops Asst Coaches....

They have been saying that with pearl's past he could be in trouble. This would of course depend on his knowledge of the situation.

As long as he doesn't lie to the big bad NCAA he should be alright and will probably just get a "talkin' too" or a small slap on the wrist.

I can almost guarantee if Donnie T would have been here longer than a year, we'd probably be in this mess though.

As long as he doesn't lie to the big bad NCAA he should be alright and will probably just get a "talkin' too" or a small slap on the wrist.

It may be more of an Auburn decision than NCAA...they can get out from Pearl for $0 right now if they feel that's what they want to do. The fact he's lost commitments, may very well have a player or 2 ruled ineligible, and the chance the program could be hit with some restrictions may be enough for university president to say let's wash our hands for free. Of course it's also Auburn and they haven't been relevant anyways, so they may just opt to try their chances.

It may be more of an Auburn decision than NCAA...they can get out from Pearl for $0 right now if they feel that's what they want to do. The fact he's lost commitments, may very well have a player or 2 ruled ineligible, and the chance the program could be hit with some restrictions may be enough for university president to say let's wash our hands for free. Of course it's also Auburn and they haven't been relevant anyways, so they may just opt to try their chances.

This seems to be their scenario.

Not sure why Pearl is allowing the 2 players that supposedly took money, practice

Not sure why Pearl is allowing the 2 players that supposedly took money, practice

Not sure what you're referring to, only guy I've seen linked to Auburn is a 2018 recruit who's obviously not yet on campus and has since decommitted.

Last edited:
I'm glad we have CRB in a time like this. Pearl, Tyndall, and even Martin to an extent would have me sweating bullets right now if they were here coaching.

Pearl - Well this one is kind of self-explanatory. He's currently in this mess right now. So I believe he'd be in this mess regardless if he was at UT or Auburn.

Martin - He's been landing some highly rated players lately; at Cal, and now at Mizzou. Two places that Usually don't get very many, if any top 10 players. I'm not saying that he's involved with this in any way, but it does raise some eyebrows on how he is landing these players. Hiring a players father would certainly help, but I don't believe that is against the rules?

Tyndall - No explanation needed on this one. I'll just say any time there is trouble, you can expect Tyndall to be right in the thick of it.

Barnes - If he was recruiting the way he was at Texas and snagging 5 star, after 5 star, I'd be a bit worried. But he's changed his recruiting philosophy here and is going after talented underrated players. Maybe he was tired of working in the "gray area" of college basketball recruiting and just wants to develop solid 4 year players?

Martin was maybe stirring the racial pot a bit at UT, but I'd still be surprised if he's gone rogue in recruiting. He's a pretty high character guy.

I have always questioned how C. Martin could waltz into Atlanta after he became coach at Cal and land Jaylen Brown and then also land Ivan Rabb. Its not like Cal is a blueblood in bball and thats 5 star talent all of a sudden for a school not known for landing 5 star basketball talent. Just curious on that.

I have always questioned how C. Martin could waltz into Atlanta after he became coach at Cal and land Jaylen Brown and then also land Ivan Rabb. Its not like Cal is a blueblood in bball and thats 5 star talent all of a sudden for a school not known for landing 5 star basketball talent. Just curious on that.

He hired a shady assistant when he went to Cal. Not sure which guys he helped pull for Zo. He has since been canned for sexual harassment or something.

I was just laying awake at almost 4am, and was wondering if anyone has factored in possible ramifications of this scandal for the upcoming season when thinking about the NCAA tourney. I mean, if 40 - 50 coaches (even mostly assistant coaches) are fired before the season is over - as someone has suggested - wouldn't that shake things up a bit, maybe making it a lot easier to get in? What if players are ruled ineligible or are suspended?

I guess it is impossible at this point to predict these sorts of things, but maybe it simply means that guessing about our chances of making the tourney is really much more futile than usual.

We are assuming that this is going to be a normal season. Maybe it will be. The wheels of justice may turn really slowly, or maybe no one will divulge information in order to obtain a lighter sentence, but my quess is that this season will be like none before.

I was just laying awake at almost 4am, and was wondering if anyone has factored in possible ramifications of this scandal for the upcoming season when thinking about the NCAA tourney. I mean, if 40 - 50 coaches (even mostly assistant coaches) are fired before the season is over - as someone has suggested - wouldn't that shake things up a bit, maybe making it a lot easier to get in? What if players are ruled ineligible or are suspended?

I guess it is impossible at this point to predict these sorts of things, but maybe it simply means that guessing about our chances of making the tourney is really much more futile than usual.

We are assuming that this is going to be a normal season. Maybe it will be. The wheels of justice may turn really slowly, or maybe no one will divulge information in order to obtain a lighter sentence, but my quess is that this season will be like none before.
Now that UNC has ben cleared of wrong doing they should remain on the top of the heap. So no. It remains the same.

Now that UNC has ben cleared of wrong doing they should remain on the top of the heap. So no. It remains the same.

*** Sarcastic comment deleted, due to possible snowflakes/political correctness police in the audience.***

Seriously though...I am assuming there is going to be a major difference between NCAA enforcement, and the FBI. If not, this country is in big troubles.

VN Store

Back