1329 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Page 11. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 10-12-2017, 07:13 PM   #151
Chris4Vols22
GBO or GTFO

Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee!
Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee!
I don't think NCAA will let players have a number that ends in 6, 7, 8, or 9. Could be wrong though.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 07:26 PM   #152
The Dog

Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasbowlin View Post
Any tips for #19?
Do college players still max out on jersey's at 55 with no 6-9 numbers allowed ? I know it used to be that way so referees could give foul numbers with one hand so there was no confusion for the official scorer.

Edit: I got Chris-ed
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 07:30 PM   #153
Stoked
Deez who? Deez Vols

Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee!
Wow I did not know that.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 07:39 PM   #154
IndianapolisVol
Assistant Grand Poobah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
Wow I did not know that.
Me either. Crazy.

My mind has been BLOWN.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 07:56 PM   #155
cncchris33

Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee!
Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee!
Yep, been that way for years. Pro ball allows any number, but college and HS restrict numbers to begin and end with numbers no higher than 5 for the reasons Dog listed above.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 08:01 PM   #156
Stoked
Deez who? Deez Vols

Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncchris33 View Post
Yep, been that way for years. Pro ball allows any number, but college and HS restrict numbers to begin and end with numbers no higher than 5 for the reasons Dog listed above.
I saw the other day that Taj Gibson is the first player to ever wear number 67. Had no clue about the NCAA rule, but now it makes sense.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 08:05 PM   #157
Dallasbowlin

Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee!
Well dang lol. I guess Iíll go with Jp 😂
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 08:06 PM   #158
Thunder Good-Oil

I thought that single digit 6, 7, 8, and 9 were allowed. What was Stanley Asumnu's #? Seems like somebody wore #8 a few years back.

In the Jimmy England/Don Johnson/Bill Justus years I think that players might have had different numbers for home and away uniforms. Or else when they took pics for the game programs they weren't always the player's actual numbers.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 08:20 PM   #159
The Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Good-Oil View Post
I thought that single digit 6, 7, 8, and 9 were allowed. What was Stanley Asumnu's #? Seems like somebody wore #8 a few years back.

In the Jimmy England/Don Johnson/Bill Justus years I think that players might have had different numbers for home and away uniforms. Or else when they took pics for the game programs they weren't always the player's actual numbers.
I don't remember Asumnu's jersey number, but I do remember how hard he played and how much I dug him.

I was asking tho. I know that's the way they did the jersey's numbers in the '70s and '80s, but as I've gotten older or is it old, I don't pay as much attention to that kind of stuff.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-12-2017, 10:47 PM   #160
cncchris33

Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Good-Oil View Post

Asumnu was #3.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-13-2017, 07:02 AM   #161
Dallasbowlin

Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee! Countdown until it's basketball time in Tennessee!
19 days ;)

#19 Tennessee Upsets #2 Kentucky HD - February 27th 2010.mp4 - YouTube
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-13-2017, 07:28 AM   #162
Stoked
Deez who? Deez Vols

[QUOTE=Dallasbowlin;14269588]19 days ;)

YouTube Link

Put "[youtube ][/youtube ]" in front of your videos to embed them Dal.

Last edited by Stoked; 10-13-2017 at 07:30 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-13-2017, 07:36 AM   #163
Stoked
Deez who? Deez Vols

Man... there is no way Cal should have not won the NCAA that year. That 2009-2010 team was absolutely loaded.

Wall
Bledsoe
Cousins
Pat Pat
Darius Miller
Liggins
Harrellson

I'd be embarrassed to have that roster and only make it to the E8.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-13-2017, 08:51 AM   #164
bleedingTNorange

Fulkerson and Johnson both participated in yesterday's 5-5 full court scrimmage work, a sign that both are very close to being 100% cleared and should be available for Game 1.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-13-2017, 09:43 AM   #165
Thunder Good-Oil

Johnson? Thought he had a ways to go.
Reply With Quote TOP