Purdue lost already...

A power 5 team's 7 foot center and a 6 ft 8 pf can't out rebound Lithuania? Now, that's not what I call a very good quality opponent.

The fact they got to play those games against some great competition is a huge advantage they'll have over just about every team in the country.

Reactions: 3 people
The fact they got to play those games against some great competition is a huge advantage they'll have over just about every team in the country.

tenor.gif

I'm talking about the HUGE part.

Well, that is a matter of interpretation. It is a sizeable advantage. I'll leave it to you two to define what huge means.

We played 3 games in hodgepodge gymnasiums over a 10 day period in a couple different countries, which is still an advantage for us over most other schools. Purdue played in a much more structured environment, against better competition, and they played almost 3x as many games. Pretty nice start over everyone else IMO.

Well, that is a matter of interpretation. It is a sizeable advantage. I'll leave it to you two to define what huge means.

We played 3 games in hodgepodge gymnasiums over a 10 day period in a couple different countries, which is still an advantage for us over most other schools. Purdue played in a much more structured environment, against better competition, and they played almost 3x as many games. Pretty nice start over everyone else IMO.

That may be an advantage for a game or so. Once everyone gets their feet wet it isn't any longer.

I just thought it was an exaggeration on BTO's part. Already hedging cause we play them early.

My gif probably could have been a little less smart-alecky.

That may be an advantage for a game or so. Once everyone gets their feet wet it isn't any longer.

I just thought it was an exaggeration on BTO's part. Already hedging cause we play them early.

My gif probably could have been a little less smart-alecky.

Whether we played them or not wouldn't change my opinion, it's more of an advantage in that regard than 350 other teams in the country. I considered it to be a huge advantage, if you feel it's more of a decently large advantage that's fine too, not gonna argue that part...point remains the same.

How were they allowed to play 8 games?

Not sure. First I habe ever heard of an entire, intact college team to represent the US in the World University Games too. Seems like a lot of teams would be jumping at that opportunity. 10 extra practices and potentially 8 games is definitely an advantage. That's a quarter of a season worth of games and practices.

Not sure. First I habe ever heard of an entire, intact college team to represent the US in the World University Games too. Seems like a lot of teams would be jumping at that opportunity. 10 extra practices and potentially 8 games is definitely an advantage. That's a quarter of a season worth of games and practices.

Yea I don't know reasoning behind it or how they were the lucky ones chosen but I've never seen that before.

Edit: in quick research apparently it's not unheard of, Kansas did it last year and Northern Iowa the year before.

Last edited:
Yea I don't know reasoning behind it or how they were the lucky ones chosen but I've never seen that before.

Edit: in quick research apparently it's not unheard of, Kansas did it last year and Northern Iowa the year before.

Any chance those teams played less games in their regular seasons?

Some may accuse me of premature exultation, but I'm feeling quite optimistic about this game.

Idk, these things happen from time to time. Big difference between this time of year and basketball season. I hope we beat them and I know we can but Matt Painter will have the team in shape by the time the battle rolls around.

VN Store

Back