Barnes press conference 8/22/17

bleedingTNorange

Will post video link once available, notable mentions so far...

Said Derrick Walker's play was terrific and that Chris Darrington & Lamonte Turner played Very well also.

All injured guys will be back at workouts EXCEPT for John Fulkerson. They hope Fulkerson is back by early October, he's been able to gain some weight which has been a silver lining.

Barnes on RTL...attn: TGO "f you're trying to judge anything from the Rocky Top League, the nice way to put it is I don't think you're very smart."

Says Pons is already the most athletic guy on the team and that everyone is going to enjoy watching him grow, but that he definitely has a ways to go.

Loves the depth he has and thinks this will be a much better defensive team than his first two.

Wants Grant to become more consistent in the post, doesn't want games where he disappears and floats on the perimeter...is ok with the jumpers but first wants him to dominate 15' and in.

The last game in Europe was the best game Jordan Bone has played at PG in a Tennessee uniform, Barnes feels good about what they've got at PG.

Reactions: 5 people
Barnes on RTL...attn: TGO "f you're trying to judge anything from the Rocky Top League, the nice way to put it is I don't think you're very smart."

ooops TGO. He dint mean it.

Barnes wasn't at the RTL. What was the perspective? Just a random comment or answering a question? I pretty much qualified everything that I analyzed. Hell, you can judge or form some opinions based on just looking at a guy standing next to you. He's senile and needs to retire.

Barnes wasn't at the RTL. What was the perspective? Just a random comment or answering a question? I pretty much qualified everything that I analyzed. Hell, you can judge or form some opinions based on just looking at a guy standing next to you. He's senile and needs to retire.

Hehe. Good comeback.

Reactions: 1 person
He's wrong by using the word "anything". "Everything" is more appropriate or saying what you see is limited. Walker was rattling the gym with his slams while warming up. IMO, he's a better dunker than Campbell and Fleschman.

giphy.gif

Will post video link once available, notable mentions so far...

Said Derrick Walker's play was terrific and that Chris Darrington & Lamonte Turner played Very well also.

All injured guys will be back at workouts EXCEPT for John Fulkerson. They hope Fulkerson is back by early October, he's been able to gain some weight which has been a silver lining.

Says Pons is already the most athletic guy on the team and that everyone is going to enjoy watching him grow, but that he definitely has a ways to go.

Loves the depth he has and thinks this will be a much better defensive team than his first two.

Wants Grant to become more consistent in the post, doesn't want games where he disappears and floats on the perimeter...is ok with the jumpers but first wants him to dominate 15' and in.

The last game in Europe was the best game Jordan Bone has played at PG in a Tennessee uniform, Barnes feels good about what they've got at PG.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1600535646664091&id=388614484522886

Are their any video links for any of those Europe games? I would be interested in watching that. RTL, not as much.

It will confuse drive by posters. I'm waiting to be called out for saying CRB is senile.

I made the mistake of letting that one fly when he ditched Mostella. big mistake.
I think he found the miracle cure with this latest recruiting class though. This team will excell.

Think he wants this to be the identity. Icky icky defense and amoeba style offense.

Think he wants this to be the identity. Icky icky defense and amoeba style offense.

How would the Amoeba Offense do versus Donnie's Tyndall Terror Defense?

Fwiw saw a blurb today that coaches are expecting Jalen Johnson to be ready to go here in the next couple weeks, so should be able to participate in practices and ready to go for the season. Also expectation is that Kent will indeed redshirt this year barring injuries.

And NOTHING about the scandal that's clouding one of our former coaches at the moment.

Finally an NCAA rules violation that DOESN'T include our head coach. Feels nice, boys!

Fwiw saw a blurb today that coaches are expecting Jalen Johnson to be ready to go here in the next couple weeks, so should be able to participate in practices and ready to go for the season. Also expectation is that Kent will indeed redshirt this year barring injuries.

Did the coaches say that about Kent's redshirt? Im all for building depth by redshirting 1 a year when possible.

Edit- Did Fulkerson get his medical redshirt last year?

No the coaches didn't say that publicly.

Yes Fulkerson got his medical redshirt.

Probably be like JJ last season and make the decision after exhibitions. A lot will depend on how strong fulk shows up.
Like to see him(Kent) get a RS though.

Probably be like JJ last season and make the decision after exhibitions. A lot will depend on how strong fulk shows up.
Like to see him(Kent) get a RS though.

If Fulk got a medical redshirt for last year doesn't that mean he can't get one this year?

I don't believe that Fulkerson can get a non-injury redshirt now, but he can get another year for a medical hardship waiver. As long as the 5-year clock can be extended, which it seems like there's an exception to extend that to 6 years under certain injury related circumstances.

But, wouldn't he and UT have to petition for it and it's not always a given that every player that petitions get one? Although, it seems like the NCAA has loosen up the guidelines the last couple of years and have been giving more 2 year redshirts when there are medical reasons.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back