Pick the starting C?

Who starts at C in game 1 for the Vols?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought preseason it would be Coleman Thomas but it looks as though it is going to be Jashon Robertson :loco:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I'll leave that to the coaching staff.
They know a lot more about the abilities of their players than I do.
I'd rather pick the cheerleaders.

Too soon to tell.
probably Alexander but with a short leash if he hasn't improved his catching skills.
Walker could log a lot of minutes if kyle underachieves.
Still don't think fulk will be 100% til later in season.
kent needs a year to add bulk and strength.

Too soon to tell.
probably Alexander but with a short leash if he hasn't improved his catching skills.
Walker could log a lot of minutes if kyle underachieves.
Still don't think fulk will be 100% til later in season.
kent needs a year to add bulk and strength.

This

This happens every year. Right before the first football game someone starts posting about basketball. Speaking for myself, I cannot get into basketball until it gets closer to the season. Most every UT fan is excited about the first game in two weeks, so why do you start posting about basketball every other day? Just curious.

This happens every year. Right before the first football game someone starts posting about basketball. Speaking for myself, I cannot get into basketball until it gets closer to the season. Most every UT fan is excited about the first game in two weeks, so why do you start posting about basketball every other day? Just curious.

Because some Tennessee fans enjoy basketball more than football, why is that so hard to understand, just curious?

Reactions: 4 people

Mainly because this is the BB forum.
You probably didn't know we just won 3 games in Europe.
Football is a good distraction until November. Get ready for another 7-5. Hard to get excited about that.

Reactions: 1 person

Well you are in the basketball forum right now.

Reactions: 1 person
I went with Alexander and I hope he holds it down, but I think Walker will be the main man by tourney time

Football is a good distraction until November. Get ready for another 7-5. Hard to get excited about that.

You mean for the 1st time in more than 30 years? Or are you counting Lane's 7-5 before losing the bowl game and ending up 7-6. :)

Why would we be talking about football in the basketball forum? No offense, but that's a pretty ignorant question/post. It is possible to be excited about more than one thing at a time. We don't have to focus 100% of our time and attention to football just because it's football season, especially in the basketball forum.

this is a tough one...if we actually use a center...Coach Barnes may shuffle a couple in and out depending on who we play...gotta go with Kareem...Alexander...:)

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I didn't go to BB forum to read this post. Anyway, it's almost time for football time in Tennessee. By the way, I played basketball in HS and am a die hard UT fan. I followed them in Europe and am hoping for a better year than last.

You mean for the 1st time in more than 30 years? Or are you counting Lane's 7-5 before losing the bowl game and ending up 7-6. :)

Trying to be optimistic.
Didn't want to say 6-6 or 5-7.
We're about back to the mediocrity of the late Fulmer era.

You realize where our basketball program is at right now don't you?
Yep, but I'm more optimistic about the upcoming BB season than I am football. I think Butch has hit his ceiling at 9-4. I don't expect that again this year.

If Butch can hang on this year he has a chance to continue creeping back to relevance. The O-Line is pretty young and deep. Hopefully Brady Hoke is here for a while and can build up the defensive line. If both lines get to be real good, then the better backs will follow... kind of like basketball. If this foundation that CRB has put together can be successful in the NCAAT then higher ranked players will join the mix.

If Butch backslides this year it will be difficult for him to pull out of it. He's slowly adapted, adding Hoke was outstanding. Now Butch needs to learn to shut the **** up more than about anything else. He'll be in a good spot if he can hang on for a few years. Saban has kept the best coaches away from the SEC and he doesn't have too many years remaining as a HC himself.

VN Store

Back