Pick the starting SG

Who starts at SG?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pick the SG?
I have enough trouble just picking my nose.
But I'm no Jimmy Cheek.

I voted Turner, but he better defend much better than he did last year if he wants substantial minutes at any position. imo

Daniel. But if he's still recovering from the bone chip, Bowden is 1a. Turner is in the mix too, but Bowden looked pretty good in the open court during the RTL.

Daniel was the leading scorer in the NCAA year before last. He's here to unpack defenses and let Williams, Fulkerson, and Alexander operate in the paint. I suspect he'll be an offensive threat that will have to be chased all around the half court whereas Bowden would camp out in a spot.

Last edited:
Daniel. But if he's still recovering from the bone chip, Bowden is 1a. Turner is in the mix too, but Bowden looked pretty good in the open court during the RTL.

Daniel was the leading scorer in the NCAA year before last. He's here to unpack defenses and let Williams, Fulkerson, and Alexander operate in the paint. I suspect he'll be an offensive threat that will have to be chased all around the half court whereas Bowden would camp out in a spot.
Bowden actually talked about this and said he wanted to become a more versatile player (as opposed to camping one spot). I remember reading an article about it, if I find it I'll link you.

Bowden actually talked about this and said he wanted to become a more versatile player (as opposed to camping one spot). I remember reading an article about it, if I find it I'll link you.

Bowden and Johnson were very active in the RTL. Bowden had a few flashes last season attacking the basket so I believe that he has potential. Sometimes I forget that he was only a freshman a year ago.

For Bowden to have started so many games last year, Barnes must have been very pleased with how well he was able to perform defensively. Daniel's injury might just keep Bowden as the first option.

I think of Turner as a better ball handler than Bowden. Darrington won't need as much help when pressed as Bone will, therefore I think that Turner could often be the 2 when Bone comes off if the bench to run the team at PG.

I chose Turner assuming we're talking about game 1 based simply on his being healthy and how well he played in Europe.

IMO, you don't want a scorer like Daniel strapped with the responsibility of facilitating the offense when you have other capable options. He is better suited being fed the ball, not creating for others.

What if Bone hasnt improved and we know Turner is a better SG than PG?

Daniel has enough experience to handle it....imo

What if Bone hasnt improved and we know Turner is a better SG than PG?

Daniel has enough experience to handle it....imo

I'm not saying he can't handle it. But just like Kevin Punter and JRich before him, the physical demands of running the show will take away from their ability to create and score. Now, before someone twists my words, I'm not insinuating Punter and JRich played poorly at PG. I just think both of those guys would have been better off at SG, but we didn't have capable people to play the PG position apparently. Now, I think we do.

If Bone turns out to be a bum and we need Turner at SG, then that changes the parameters of the discussion. Right now, I'm assuming Bone can hold down 15 minutes at PG when called upon.

Last edited:
I'm leaning to Daniel but a lot of that will be determined by how healthy he is and how much he returns to 15-16 form.
If Daniel can't pull it off, Turner will be 2nd in line.

VN Store

Back