Pick the starting PG

Who starts game 1 at PG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bleedingTNorange

Thought this would be a fun little excercise to pass some of the slow days this time of year, I'll do a poll position by position either every day or every other day just to see what everyone thinks. Will be fun to look at kind of who this board picks as starters and role players imo.

So today will be PG, who do you think starts Game 1 at PG for the Vols?

I think we'll see a heavy dose of Lamonte at the 2. I think there's a chance he becomes a consistent outside shooting threat. Or at least I hope so.

Darrington adds experience and a ton of intangibles. Bone will learn a lot from him.

PG Darrington 90%
SG DanielBowden/Turner 45% 40% 15%
SF Schofield 95%
PF Williams 70%
C Alexander 60%

Daniel would be higher if his injury wasn't an issue.

Williams and Schofield are 99.9% starting... assuming no injuries or suspensions.

CD without a doubt IMO, but how nice is it to have quaity options at PG! :loco: It's been a while.

FWIW Jordan Bone got the starts in Europe but Darrington finished with better stats.

Walker started too. He's not starting as a true freshman unless multiple players can't play. Europe meant nothing. It was an opportunity to fiddle with various combinations.

It will be interesting to see how Turner is used. He seemed to be playing very well right off of his procedure. He's maybe stepped it up quit a bit year over year.

FWIW Jordan Bone got the starts in Europe but Darrington finished with better stats.

The game was contested with a FIBA ball under international FIBA rules. The Tennessee starters were Alexander, Turner, Williams, Jordan Bone and Admiral Schofield.

Monday's game was contested with a FIBA ball under international FIBA rules. The Tennessee starters were Turner, Darrington, Schofield, Walker and Williams

Thursday's game was contested with a FIBA ball under international FIBA rules. The Tennessee starters were Turner, Darrington, Alexander, Yves Pons and Admiral Schofield.

Last edited:
Really surprised that Turner has 8 votes. He struggled bringing the ball up last year. Out of the 4, he's the least likely. I think he'd have a better year without PG duties

VN Store

Back