Robert hubbs signs with professional basketball team.

Dallasbowlin

Everything woke turns to sh*t
http://www.eurobasket.com/Montenegr...Hubbs-III-in-his-first-year-in-pro-basketball

attachment.php

Reactions: 4 people
I assumed he was finally giving his knee proper time to heal. Hopefully his career will take off from here.
Don't count on it. I waited 4 (3) years for him to take advantage of all the gifts he's been given. He'll play good enough to get a paycheck but I wouldn't expect much more to be honest.

Reactions: 2 people
Don't count on it. I waited 4 (3) years for him to take advantage of all the gifts he's been given. He'll play good enough to get a paycheck but I wouldn't expect much more to be honest.

But he was pretty much injured the whole time. As a freshman it was his shoulder, which iirc ended his 1st year early. Then he played through the bad knee his senior year. I give him credit for playing through his various ailments. If he gets healthy he could elevate his game.

He's one of my favorite vols ever, I hope he can prove himself.

That's kind of a weird favorite Vol. It's hard to really like a player that pretty much wasted their talents almost the entire time they were here.

Not trying to hate on Hubbs and I'm excited that he is playing somewhere professionally, but dang his career was really underwhelming. Everyone says "Scotty 2.0", but he was nowhere near as good of a scorer as Hopson was. Hopson was averaging 17 ppg as a Junior, where Hubbs was barely averaging 10 ppg. If Hopson would have came back for his senior year he would have averaged over 20 ppg.

That's kind of a weird favorite Vol. It's hard to really like a player that pretty much wasted their talents almost the entire time they were here.

Not trying to hate on Hubbs and I'm excited that he is playing somewhere professionally, but dang his career was really underwhelming. Everyone says "Scotty 2.0", but he was nowhere near as good of a scorer as Hopson was. Hopson was averaging 17 ppg as a Junior, where Hubbs was barely averaging 10 ppg. If Hopson would have came back for his senior year he would have averaged over 20 ppg.

He was over ranked. He never was the type of guy to do amazing things;but he was a hell of a player. If he got you on his back in the post, it was money about 95% of the time.we saw what he was before he hurt his knee senior season..

He was over ranked. He never was the type of guy to do amazing things;but he was a hell of a player. If he got you on his back in the post, it was money about 95% of the time.we saw what he was before he hurt his knee senior season..

Yeah he was over ranked, but he was also lazy/unmotivated and didn't have the passion to play the game. He even admitted this himself. That's why it's hard for me to see him as an all time favorite compared to guys like Richardson, Punter, JMac, Moore, Stokes, Harris, Prince, T Smith, Chism, Lofton, J Smith, Watson, etc... That's just guys in the last decade or so, not including guys like Houston, Ernie/Bernie, etc. Those guys were talented, plus they looked like they actually wanted to be out on the court and had some sort of personality.

Yeah he was over ranked, but he was also lazy/unmotivated and didn't have the passion to play the game. He even admitted this himself. That's why it's hard for me to see him as an all time favorite compared to guys like Richardson, Punter, JMac, Moore, Stokes, Harris, Prince, T Smith, Chism, Lofton, J Smith, Watson, etc... That's just guys in the last decade or so, not including guys like Houston, Ernie/Bernie, etc. Those guys were talented, plus they looked like they actually wanted to be out on the court and had some sort of personality.
At times hubbs did too this pst year, nobody wanted that North Carolina game more than him.

He's nowhere close to being as good as Scotty Hopson. The only thing similar is their lackadaisical attitudes.

This. Scotty was an infinitely more talented basketball player. The similarities exist in their athleticism, their attitude, and unrealistic expectations for each from the casual fan. In terms of skill, Scotty had an enormous advantage.

Last edited:
Scotty Hopson 2.0

Not even close. This is actually a terrible comparison. Only thing similar is the attitude and I would still say that Hopson was more motivated than Hubbs.

Scotty could ball. I firmly believe that he would have been drafted and may still be in the NBA had he come back for his Senior year.

No one played harder or gave more than Bernard King and Ernie Grunfeld. There have been some to play AS HARD and tough, but there are no players that surpassed the passion those two had for the game and their pride for the Vols

I could never get over Hubbs III are his comments against Manning. I guess that's just the orange running through my veins. I hope he does well. Our guys seem to flourish overseas.

I could never get over Hubbs III are his comments against Manning. I guess that's just the orange running through my veins. I hope he does well. Our guys seem to flourish overseas.

Ok, I'll bite, what did Hubbs say about Manning? Peyton, I assume? Or Gus?

Haha. I hope u are messing with me. What's the story?

Sorry for the delay, was down in Bristol all weekend for the NASCAR festivities. I tried to search through Twitter to find the tweets, but Hubbs was basically live-tweeting a NFL playoff game during the Bronco's SB year and replying to alot of fans. Somehow the conversation navigated to a point where he chose Tom Brady over Peyton Manning and questioned Manning's accolades, called him a "choker", etc. I remember several students booing him at the next basketball game and , of course, the fans let loose on him on Twitter. I found some remnants of the conversation on Twitter but his tweets may be deleted.

Sorry for the delay, was down in Bristol all weekend for the NASCAR festivities. I tried to search through Twitter to find the tweets, but Hubbs was basically live-tweeting a NFL playoff game during the Bronco's SB year and replying to alot of fans. Somehow the conversation navigated to a point where he chose Tom Brady over Peyton Manning and questioned Manning's accolades, called him a "choker", etc. I remember several students booing him at the next basketball game and , of course, the fans let loose on him on Twitter. I found some remnants of the conversation on Twitter but his tweets may be deleted.

lol I get not liking hubbs, cause his on court demeanor was lazy, but for an opinion? It's Hubbs man. You gotta take what lazy/unmotivated people say with a grain of salt. Peyton is seen as the GOAT UT athlete, meanwhile Hubbs will be seen on a highlight video, of him hitting that game winner versus vandy 10 years from now, and people will be wondering who he was. Point being Hubbs opinion doesn't mean anything.

VN Store

Back