Latest Hoops Report

Reactions: 1 person
Good news on Walker. Has lost about 20 pounds. If he returns to 15-16 form he could be the surprise addition to the front court this season.

Watching him last season compared to the 15-16, the extra weight really made him look sluggish.
He was much more aggressive and active in 15-16 when he was around 230.

Ok thanks. I was under the impression he played much better last year and got bigger offers because of if.

I knew Fulkerson wouldn't be healthy at the start of the season. Wya BTO?

Turner has returned to nearly full activity in recent workouts and is expected to be available to play in Europe. Daniel's playing status for next month's trip has yet top be determined. Fulkerson will not be available to play in Europe; it's anticipated that he will return to action around the start of the playing season late in the fall.

Wonder if the NCAA has finished their review of the Fulkerson injury to grant him his medical waiver red shirt????

Pins and needles.

Huh? That literally says he's expected to return by start of season, did you misread the bolded?
That is not a definite answer. Notice they use phrasing words like "it's anticipated" "around the start of the playing season late in the fall"

The wording in the article makes it sound indefinite and like he wouldn't be 100% at the start.

That is not a definite answer. Notice they use phrasing words like "it's anticipated" "around the start of the playing season late in the fall"

The wording in the article makes it sound indefinite and like he wouldn't be 100% at the start.

It also doesn't say he won't be ready, which is what you were stating. They mention the anticipate him being ready for the start of the season, not they don't anticipate him being ready for the start of the season. Could a set back occur, sure, but like I said the other day I've seen nothing saying he will not be ready for the beginning of the season.

Wonder if the NCAA has finished their review of the Fulkerson injury to grant him his medical waiver red shirt????

Pins and needles.

haven't heard, but seems it would be a no-brainer, but, again, I am not the NCAA...:)

GO VOLS!

It also doesn't say he won't be ready, which is what you were stating. They mention the anticipate him being ready for the start of the season, not they don't anticipate him being ready for the start of the season. Could a set back occur, sure, but like I said the other day I've seen nothing saying he will not be ready for the beginning of the season.

I think those expecting him to come out like he did last season are going to be disappointed.
He's going to be playing catch up physically because of the numerous injuries and really not much time to spend on strength and conditioning.
Roster still shows him at 203. wonder if that's accurate.

I think those expecting him to come out like he did last season are going to be disappointed.
He's going to be playing catch up physically because of the numerous injuries and really not much time to spend on strength and conditioning.
Roster still shows him at 203. wonder if that's accurate.

I don't know what to expect, but no I wouldn't expect him to look like he did before his injury last season. All I'm saying is that they've maintained he should be ready to go for the start of the season, how ready who knows.

What am I missing? Fulk was jamming home dunks and getting put backs. I expect him to be doing that upon his return.

Reactions: 2 people
True. I hope he's ready. I really wonder what improvements he's made with limited mobility during his offseason.

What am I missing? Fulk was jamming home dunks and getting put backs. I expect him to be doing that upon his return.
He mght have the Justin Hunter syndrome, but at the same time I feel like people have always counted him out. So who knows?

Last edited:
Am I missing something or is this an 8 day old article? For one thing, Pons is already here.

I don't see Fulk being back right away. I hope I'm wrong and I'm just going off a gut feeling, and that it just seems like our luck. He's going to be a special player for us though. Still can't believe he put up a stat line of 12 pts, 10 rbs, 5 blks, 2 ast, and 2 stls against a final 4 team in Oregon as a true freshman.

Random unrelated thought...but I wonder when was the last time we played every team that made the final four in the same year was?

I don't see Fulk being back right away. I hope I'm wrong and I'm just going off a gut feeling, and that it just seems like our luck. He's going to be a special player for us though. Still can't believe he put up a stat line of 12 pts, 10 rbs, 5 blks, 2 ast, and 2 stls against a final 4 team in Oregon as a true freshman.

Random unrelated thought...but I wonder when was the last time we played every team that made the final four in the same year was?

I wondered that myself. I'm thinking no more than twice total, counting this year.

This is how I feel too. One of his biggest weaknesses as a player is that his is too skinny/doesn't weigh enough. So he is getting pushed around and roughed up as a forward type player. His injuries I'm sure have limited his ability to put on solid weight, which is what he needed most over the offseason. He might be "ok to play" by season start, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a greater impact towards the 2nd half of the season.

This is how I feel too. One of his biggest weaknesses as a player is that his is too skinny/doesn't weigh enough. So he is getting pushed around and roughed up as a forward type player. His injuries I'm sure have limited his ability to put on solid weight, which is what he needed most over the offseason. He might be "ok to play" by season start, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a greater impact towards the 2nd half of the season.

The way the game has evolved, I don't think that being skinny is as big of a deal. If he holds his ground and gets pushed out of the way then he will draw a lot of charges. He's a player that I don't necessarily want to see carrying a lot more weight. Offensively, he plays with a lot of finesse in the paint.

I hope that he's been able to work on his stamina while recovering from his wrist/elbow/shoulder injuries.

True. I hope he's ready. I really wonder what improvements he's made with limited mobility during his offseason.

He mght have the Justin Hunter syndrome, but at the same time I feel like people have always counted him out. So who knows?

I could see him having Justin Hunter syndrome. I think it's going to be tough for him when he comes back. That was a traumatic injury and even though he is healed it is going to take a little while for him to mentally get over the injury.

I could see him having Justin Hunter syndrome. I think it's going to be tough for him when he comes back. That was a traumatic injury and even though he is healed it is going to take a little while for him to mentally get over the injury.

His wrist and elbow should be fine by now. The work on his shoulder is what has made it questionable whether he'll be ready for pre-season practice or not.

Honestly I had never thought of it from this perspective, but unfortunately it wouldn't surprise me. That said, I hope that's not the case.

Fulk's game is built around making hustle plays like diving for loose balls and using his quickness and length to make up for his skinny frame and create mismatches on the low post. He's flexible, fast, long and plays with a lot of energy. Hopefully the injuries don't change that.

VN Store

Back