Roster and Injuries 2017-18

Thunder Good-Oil

5 players have injuries right now and aren't yet able to practice for the European trip.

Turner
Daniel
Fulkerson
Bowden
J. Johnson

This is bad news.

Reactions: 1 person
5 players have injuries right now and aren't yet able to practice for the European trip.

Turner
Daniel
Fulkerson
Bowden
J. Johnson

This is bad news.
Fulky won't likely return till mid-way through the season IIRC. Daniel still healing from an injury sustained during the regular season (IIRC). Not sure about Turner/Bowden/JJ tho

With Turner and Daniel out, this also means Bone is going to be handling the majority of the minutes at point. And he needs the experience if we want to have a successful season.

Hyams reported JJ is out with a stress fracture. Didn't say of which part tho.

With Turner and Daniel out, this also means Bone is going to be handling the majority of the minutes at point. And he needs the experience if we want to have a successful season.

Last year could have turned out much differently if Bone hadn't been injured. He missed all of those pre-conference games so that experience went to Turner and Parker. Parker wasn't ready. The silver lining, if there is one, is that Turner gained a lot of experience last year as a freshman. If he sticks around 4 years it will pay dividends.

Bowden and Johnson is really disheartening. I think that it was Johnson's that sounded kind of bad. He might be out for a while. I was really expecting him to be a huge part of the offensive productivity this year. I'm kind of distraught.

Bowden and Johnson is really disheartening. I think that it was Johnson's that sounded kind of bad. He might be out for a while. I was really expecting him to be a huge part of the offensive productivity this year. I'm kind of distraught.

It's a stress fracture, most heal 6-8 weeks...should be fine by start of season.

What is Bowden's? Minor surgery (scope)?

You'd think that Turner, Fulkerson, and Daniel would be about ready to go. Hopefully they're just not taking any chances with them and are taking their time getting them back on the court.

Turner - shoulder, arthroscopic procedure

Daniel - chipped bone in ankle (same issue that cost him last season)

Fulkerson - elbow/wrist from season ending injury, torn labrum

Bowden - knee, injured in the RTL, arthroscopic surgery

J. Johnson - stress fracture (shin)

Walker - concussion

Pons - ankle

Last edited:
Probably take a year or two for the injury bug from last years football team, to clear the air on campus.

I like the quote from Barnes yesterday. "We're going to find out who wants to be here."

Last edited:
I thought he had another setup back and that'd it take half way through the season for him to get 100% healthy? I swear I read that was reported

No, he had work done on the opposite shoulder but is supposed to be back for the start of the season.

No, he had work done on the opposite shoulder but is supposed to be back for the start of the season.

Which is huge because he was our X factor before he got hurt last yr. it's brought up from time to time but his effort really helped the whole squad. Pre season MVP imo

One thing that Turner is good at is that he isn't shy to take a shot. Darrington is the opposite... he looks to pass first. He's not afraid to shoot, he's just very unselfish.

I bet that Daniel won't look to give up the ball. I bet Daniel will shoot anytime he's open. I wish Daniel could have played in the RTL. I'd have liked to see his game. Johnson has a propensity to attack the basket too. IMO Bone needs to improve in both areas.

I really like the mix. There are several guys that should be able to score, but there won't necessarily be a ball hog that passes over teammates with a better look. I seriously think that this team could be an all-time favorite if they can pull off a hyper-fast pace. I'm not as optimistic if they're forced to run half court sets offensively, unless Alexander has improved significantly, Bowden is consistent (and can make a move and shoot instead of just spotting up), and Daniel, Schofield, and Johnson are the real deals. This lineup looks to me like it is built to run. Johnson, Pons, and Fulkerson for sure.

I wouldn't be mad if falk sat out this year and applied for another redshirt. If they don't think he will play before sec play or the team just comes out playing good and he's not need immediately when they think he's ready to play.

IMO, primary position followed by other spots they could get minutes this year:

Darrington 1/2
Bone 1/2

Daniel 2/1
Turner 2/1/3
Bowden 2/3/1

Johnson 3/2
Pons 3/4
Schofield 3/4/2

Williams 4/5/3
Fulkerson 4/5/3
Walker 4/5