Jarnell Stokes basketball camp in town

Fingers

It's good to see Stokes back in the area.

DEtGD41XUAAHYvb.jpg:large

Wonder if Jarnell's camp will be better than the Kevin O'Neil camp I attended when I was a kid?

Wonder if Jarnell's camp will be better than the Kevin O'Neil camp I attended when I was a kid?

Dude about 4-5 years ago I worked with a guy who was maybe 30 at the time and was the best pickup basketball player in a big office. I'm talking 11 story building, 300-400 people total--decent size. We had a steady rotation of 12-15 guys who would get together and play full court 5 on 5 games after work twice a week. The games were pretty competitive, shoot for teams, all decent players, all guys in their 20's and 30's. And this guy was on another level--fast, great handle, great shooter, best player every time he played.

My cubicle was next to his and one day he was telling me how he went to the Kevin O'Neill camps in Junior High for a couple of years. I asked about it, (I was only 7 years old when O'Neill left but always remembered my dad hating him) and he swore that those camps were the most he ever ran in his life. Three year starter on his high school team and ran track and said he never ran more than he did during those camps. He made it sound like all they did during the entire camp was run.

My son goes to the Chris Lofton Camp and always enjoys it. The family is on vacation during Jarnell's week. I'm sure my son would love to go to that one too.

Dude about 4-5 years ago I worked with a guy who was maybe 30 at the time and was the best pickup basketball player in a big office. I'm talking 11 story building, 300-400 people total--decent size. We had a steady rotation of 12-15 guys who would get together and play full court 5 on 5 games after work twice a week. The games were pretty competitive, shoot for teams, all decent players, all guys in their 20's and 30's. And this guy was on another level--fast, great handle, great shooter, best player every time he played.

My cubicle was next to his and one day he was telling me how he went to the Kevin O'Neill camps in Junior High for a couple of years. I asked about it, (I was only 7 years old when O'Neill left but always remembered my dad hating him) and he swore that those camps were the most he ever ran in his life. Three year starter on his high school team and ran track and said he never ran more than he did during those camps. He made it sound like all they did during the entire camp was run.

Which is funny because O'Neil would stop a three on one fast break to set up the offense.

You got yourself a cool story there bro! Lol

Jarnell is doing the media tour today. He just finished up on Russell Dubyah. Said he put in a good word for UT with Isaiah, but the off the court stuff at Florida won him over.

Jarnell spoke highly of Grant Williams. Said he worked out with him this morning (didn't say if it was a basketball work out or lifting). Called him a 4/5 tweener.

JS said that Barnes is doing a good job and is taking a long term approach to building up the program.

Also he said that his last UT team wasn't rallying around anything racial. He also said that they were disappointed by their slow start.

He said that he grew up as a UT football fan.

He's heading to China in September to play.

VN Store

Back