Grant Williams hungry for improvement

kamoshika

Tennessee's absence from the NCAAs left him hungry for postseason success and apparently changed his appetite in other ways as well. The 6-foot-5 sophomore says he reduced carbohydrates from his diet and already notices a difference. "I feel like I can move better," Williams said. "I feel like I'm just running better. I look better. I feel in general I can jump a little higher and my body has adapted to the college game. When I came in, I was roly-poly man."

Williams says he arrived on campus last summer weighing "257 (or) a little bit higher maybe" before he got down to the 232-234 range during the season. He's working to reduce his body fat percentage as he attempts to sustain his energy on the floor and stay effective for longer stretches.

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/mens-basketball/2017/06/29/vols-grant-williams-hungry-improvement/441043001/

Reactions: 4 people
Would love to see some other forwards step up so he can get some extended minutes at the 3.

Does he remind anyone else of Kawahi Leonard when he was at SDSU? Just a little?

good to hear he's hungry...I could stand some big-steak wins myself...been on this Vol veggie diet too long...:)

GO BIG ORANGE!

Would love to see some other forwards step up so he can get some extended minutes at the 3.

Does he remind anyone else of Kawahi Leonard when he was at SDSU? Just a little?

No. Too short. He reminds me of Clarence Weatherspoon when he was at Southern Miss

On a more serious note...I think the best thing with Williams improving his body is it should cut down on the dumb fouls and allow him to play more minutes. GW is sticking at the 4 imo, Schofield is more refined on the perimeter and has also slimmed down while continuing to work on his perimeter game. Those 2 are arguably our best players so being able to stick them out there at the 3/4 for 28+mpg would be a best case scenario.

Reactions: 1 person
...Kawhi Leonard played post at SDSU, averaged 14 and 10...

How does a game like that not remind you of Grant's?

...Kawhi Leonard played post at SDSU, averaged 14 and 10...

How does a game like that not remind you of Grant's?

Grant is nowhere close to how good of a defender Kawhi is/was. I could maybe see the comparison on offense, but Williams isn't nearly as athletic as him.

Kawhi is 6'7" with a 7'3" wingspan, he also has elite athleticism thus making him a defensive powerhouse guarding 1-4...Grant Williams struggles to guard his own position never mind a PG

Reactions: 3 people
I have a pair of pants just like those. Except their red, with stripes, and their shorts.

Reminds me more of Adrian Dantley. Similar build, Grant needs to continue to work on his perimeter game and foot speed.

If he was 6'10 he would have been a one and done player.

One of the more skilled players to come in the program in the last 20 years.

VN Store

Back