Rumor in Nashville

Rick kept us out of the doghouse, but that seems to be the extent of my enthusiasm for what he is bringing to Big Orange Country

Rick kept us out of the doghouse, but that seems to be the extent of my enthusiasm for what he is bringing to Big Orange Country

I think this year is pivotal. He's built a decent roster and if he is the coach many believe him to be, then he ought to be able to make some hay this year. The two guards he has added addresses the shooting woes. The post should be improved. If this team makes tourney, then it might turn some heads on recruiting trail. No way in hell UT is going to out dual Duke at this juncture.

Reactions: 6 people
I think this year is pivotal. He's built a decent roster and if he is the coach many believe him to be, then he ought to be able to make some hay this year. The two guards he has added addresses the shooting woes. The post should be improved. If this team makes tourney, then it might turn some heads on recruiting trail. No way in hell UT is going to out dual Duke at this juncture.
He had them playing way above expectations most of last year but not depth and average talent. I'm pretty confident this year going to be coming out party. Got a lot of talented pieces to work with

Reactions: 1 person
i think this year is pivotal. He's built a decent roster and if he is the coach many believe him to be, then he ought to be able to make some hay this year. The two guards he has added addresses the shooting woes. The post should be improved. If this team makes tourney, then it might turn some heads on recruiting trail. No way in hell ut is going to out dual duke at this juncture.

exactly!

Wasn't Rick known for being a great recruiter but a "bad ball coach" at Texas? If that's the case and he can't recruit here, that may be a recipe for disaster

The rumor is Schoenwald, Johnson (4* WR), and Garland are all going to Vanderbilt. Duke was widely considered to be the leader before the last week.

And then there is the 5% minority like yourself who would be miserable no matter what happened. Barnes, nor any other coach, could ever do enough to be free of your hand-wringing.

You're right. I sure wasn't satisfied with Pearl. All that winning and being consistently ranked sucks

I'm glad I'm not in the 95% majority and accept mediocrity.

You're right. I sure wasn't satisfied with Pearl. All that winning and being consistently ranked sucks

We don't accept mediocrity. We just have enough wherewithal and logical perspective to realize Rome wasn't built in a day and that our current coach is showing signs of improvement. When and if that stops, so will my support.

Your reputation is too well-documented for me to believe you were completely satisfied with Pearl, especially in the 08-09 & 10-11 seasons.

Reactions: 4 people

You do realize that BP has 1 elite 8 and 0 final 4's right? He has been a D1 head coach for 13 years...

We don't accept mediocrity. We just have enough wherewithal and logical perspective to realize Rome wasn't built in a day and that our current coach is showing signs of improvement. When and if that stops, so will my support.

Your reputation is too well-documented for me to believe you were completely satisfied with Pearl, especially in the 08-09 & 10-11 seasons.

You can believe what you want. Getting to the tourney is a successful year. Anything less is a failed season.

I would bet money if the next 3 seasons under Barnes we made the NCAAT and didn't make it past the round of 32, he'd complain.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back