Pearl got 3 years for providing food Pitino gets 5 games for providing hookers

Moral of this story is...

1. In the eyes of the NCAA, nothing is worse than lying to them.

2. If you aren't a blue blood. You're going to get hit hard to show you how big and bad they are.

3. If you're UNC you can do whatever the f*** you want.

Reactions: 22 people

2. If you aren't a blue blood. You're going to get hit hard to show you how big and bad they are.

Dont forget Baylor.

Reactions: 2 people
The last time Pitino got off this easy, it involved his mistress, 20 seconds, a booth in an Italian restaurant, an extortion attempt, and cash for an abortion.....

Reactions: 5 people
The last time Pitino got off this easy, it involved his mistress, 20 seconds, a booth in an Italian restaurant, an extortion attempt, and cash for an abortion.....

Have not heard this. Care to elaborate so I don't have to read through google jarnigan?

Have not heard this. Care to elaborate so I don't have to read through google jarnigan?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/news/story?id=4392828

http://deadspin.com/5599052/rick-pi...FZR9CBaQ36zsFAAAACAIAACccKAEAjScAAgAAANTLBwA=

In short, Rick hooked up with his mistress in an Italian restaurant. It lasted 15-20 seconds. His mistress was the wife of someone on Pitino's staff. She got pregnant, he paid for her abortion, and she tried to extort him anyways.

UNC isn't going to get punished, Ole Miss will get punished for UNC

Reactions: 3 people
Tark the Shark wasn't wrong.........

Tarkanian's rolling mantra was that the NCAA had a double-standard for enforcement, that it picked on smaller schools but protected the sugar-daddy power programs. This produced variations of his most famous quote: "The NCAA was so mad at Kentucky they gave Cleveland State two more years of probation."

Reactions: 7 people
Sorry if this doesn't go over well but truth is:

For the record I can't stand the immoral, arrogant ass that is Rick Pitino (and I usually try not to pass judgement like that)

You're missing the big fish here...it's the vacating of wins; much bigger than a simple hand slap.

1. Pearl got punished for lying. That's a big no-no with NCAA.
2. The hookers were provide by Andre McGhee, asst coach who set up the parties and passed out cash to recruits
3. Pitino got failure to monitor as he claimed ignorance and most likely either didn't know or turned a blind eye...but either is tough to prove - thus failure to monitor at the very least.
4. Have to pay back ALL ACC tourney revenue sharing fir those 3 years
5. More importantly than the ACC coaching suspension for Pitino, they got a reduction of scholarships PLUS.......

They will be vacating potentially 110 wins (dropping them from 10th all time to outside the Top 25), of those wins - 15 NCAA tournament wins including the 2012 Final Four banner AND the 2013 National Title. All wins to vacated in which ineligible players participated which from all sources (most significant the head hooker, herself) include those title games

...not to mention the self-imposed tourney ban last year.

Hard to imagine that Pitino knew about this stuff and let it happen...even for a guy like me that roots for him to fail. But definitely easy to think he took the "I'm not even going ask what's going on in those dorms; just don't talk to me" approach. It is a HUGE penalty and one that caught UL off guard today. I don't think the NCAA went easy on them at all...just hard to pin anything illegal against him besides being bad at his duties of monitoring the program.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Sorry if this doesn't go over well but truth is:

For the record I can't stand the immoral, arrogant ass that is Rick Pitino (and I usually try not to pass judgement like that)

You're missing the big fish here...it's the vacating of wins; much bigger than a simple hand slap.

1. Pearl got punished for lying. That's a big no-no with NCAA.
2. The hookers were provide by Andre McGhee, asst coach who set up the parties and passed out cash to recruits
3. Pitino got failure to monitor as he claimed ignorance and most likely either didn't know or turned a blind eye...but either is tough to prove - thus failure to monitor at the very least.
4. Have to pay back ALL ACC tourney revenue sharing fir those 3 years
5. More importantly than the ACC coaching suspension for Pitino, they got a reduction of scholarships PLUS.......

They will be vacating potentially 110 wins (dropping them from 10th all time to outside the Top 25), of those wins - 15 NCAA tournament wins including the 2012 Final Four banner AND the 2013 National Title. All wins to vacated in which ineligible players participated which from all sources (most significant the head hooker, herself) include those title games

...not to mention the self-imposed tourney ban last year.

Hard to imagine that Pitino knew about this stuff and let it happen...even for a guy like me that roots for him to fail. But definitely easy to think he took the "I'm not even going ask what's going on in those dorms; just don't talk to me" approach. It is a HUGE penalty and one that caught UL off guard today. I don't think the NCAA went easy on them at all...just hard to pin anything illegal against him besides being bad at his duties of monitoring the program.

Yea that guy making 40 grand a year just spent 10k a year on hookers for recruits and he wasnt even responsible for recruiting. This about HC vrs HC penalties. One gets 3 years for lying 1 gets 5 games for supplying hookers. Which sin is worse.

Reactions: 7 people
Seems to me that other than Pitino, nobody who was involved is going to be punished at all. All those players are gone. The poor saps who are Freshmen this year though are screwed without the benefit of the hookers.

If you're Ole Miss you better pay attention to #1 and #2

Reactions: 1 person

Pitino lied until he was forced not to...:)

GO VOLS!

Wheres SD ? --- the sleazy Louisville asst got a 10 year show cause just like honest Donnie

Yea that guy making 40 grand a year just spent 10k a year on hookers for recruits and he wasnt even responsible for recruiting. This about HC vrs HC penalties. One gets 3 years for lying 1 gets 5 games for supplying hookers. Which sin is worse.

With some of the info that has come out recently, I doubt McGee was making only 40k. UL's entire AD structure is amazingly corrupt and the money some of those people make is outrageous. Jurich himself is paid 5 million or so iirc.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back