Who will be this years go to scorer/playmaker?

Dallasbowlin

Everything woke turns to sh*t
3 years ago it was j-rich, then it was Kevin punter, then Hubbs last year. Who do you think it will be this year? It's kinda hard to predict since we have so many new players coming in, but I predict it will be grant Williams. I think he will be a huge piece in our half court offense.

Reactions: 2 people
3 years ago it was j-rich, then it was Kevin punter, then Hubbs last year. Who do you think it will be this year? It's kinda hard to predict since we have so many new players coming in, but I predict it will be grant Williams. I think he will be a huge piece in our half court offense.

I tend to agree, I think Williams be probably be our leading minutes and points guy.

Gotta think Grant is the go to guy this year. I predict he and Bowden both average double digits though.

Not sure about minutes, but definitely in points with Daniel close behind

Of returning players Williams averaged 5 more minutes per game than the next closest during SEC play at 27.4mpg...I don't really see that number dropping and as loaded as we are at guard I don't see a guard getting more than 25mpg

Our top 3 scorers IMO will be

Grant Williams 18 ppg
James Daniel 16 ppg
Jordan Bowden 12 ppg

On a side note I expect this team to be very balanced in terms of scoring. Wouldn't be surprising if guys like Schofield, Turner, Bone, Darrington, and Pons were all around 8-10 ppg

Bowden. There will be more capable scorers around him that will draw attention away from him. He needs to be more consistent off of the drive and cutting to the hoop. He can spot up and shoot just fine.

Reactions: 1 person
Our top 3 scorers IMO will be

Grant Williams 18 ppg
James Daniel 16 ppg
Jordan Bowden 12 ppg

On a side note I expect this team to be very balanced in terms of scoring. Wouldn't be surprising if guys like Schofield, Turner, Bone, Darrington, and Pons were all around 8-10 ppg

If Pons scores 8-10 ppg then we will be a top 25 team.

Williams getting help down low will be huge for this coming season. Teams keyed on him after Fulk got hurt and eventually he got a little worn down battling 2 or 3 bigs every night in the second half of the season. If our other bigs and outside shooters can take up some of the slack, I predict Grant will go on a tear down low.

This year there should be much more balanced scoring. There could be 4 or 5 guys on the floor to go to when TN needs a score. There have been situations over the last few years that I wondered if anybody in the game was capable of making a basket.

Not that nobody on the roster couldn't score, but in situations where the primary scorer(s) were injured or were in foul trouble or were just sitting out for a spell. You could count on Tobias or McRae or Richardson his last couple of years... but they didn't go 40 minutes and sometimes with certain lineups on the floor it felt like the team was trying to not give up big deficits rather than attacking on offense. This year's team looks like it will be able to always have a couple of scoring threats on the floor.

Going out on the limb and saying that Daniel and Darrington will be giving folks buckets this year and Williams too .

No mention of Zbo, I mean Admiral until now. Clearly won't lead the team in scoring but will be a crucial role player.

Going out on the limb and saying that Daniel and Darrington will be giving folks buckets this year and Williams too .

When Fulkerson went out, Mostella left, and TN's guards weren't scoring threats teams figured out that they could stop TN by collapsing on Williams. Hubbs stepped up at times, but he was injured down the stretch and Williams wasn't as effective during that stretch.

I expect it to be totally different this year. Teams that focus too much on Williams will be burned by Bowden, Johnson, Darrington, Daniel, and possibly Pons if he's a fast learner. TN would be really good if Alexander were to show up vastly improved offensively. Imagine what Team 3-star could do if all that happens plus Bone and Turner step up their games as well. What if Walker is able to contribute like Williams did last year?

My guess would be either Darrington or Daniels, because they will have the ball in their hands. Williams and Scolfield will probably be the first option they look for, followed by Bowden. I'd lean toward Darrington being the Junior College All-American.
Turner is definitely confident enough to be that guy.

VN Store

Back