Expectation for 2017-2018 season

How many wins do you expect the Vols to have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bleedingTNorange

with the addition of Daniel it would seem the roster is set for Year 3 of the Rick Barnes era, so curious to see what everyone's expectations are heading into this pivotal year...

I went with 18 but was torn between that and 19...we play a very tough schedule, 18-12 would almost certainly be enough to have the Vols dancing.

We're still smallish in the paint. If TN can push the tempo to compensate for that deficiency and are able to take advantage of a fast pace with reliable scorer's, then 20 wins is possible as well as sitting on the NCAAT bubble. NIT or NCAAT will depend on what the other 300+ teams do. 2018-19 could be special if Bone, Bowden, Johnson, Darrington, and Turner progress. Don't really want to become too dependent on Daniel since he'll be one-and-done.

With the addition of 2 scorers, leadership at the PG, some luck and good health in the front court, I think 20 wins is very doable.

Reactions: 1 person
20 WINS and make the NCAA and win at least 1 game don't think that's to much to ask for a coach that is in year 3.

We're still smallish in the paint. If TN can push the tempo to compensate for that deficiency and are able to take advantage of a fast pace with reliable scorer's, then 20 wins is possible as well as sitting on the NCAAT bubble. NIT or NCAAT will depend on what the other 300+ teams do. 2018-19 could be special if Bone, Bowden, Johnson, Darrington, and Turner progress. Don't really want to become too dependent on Daniel since he'll be one-and-done.

But when you get to the Dance you got to have good guard play to advance and if this new point guard can run the show we might have a shoot to advance to the sweet 16.:dance2:

with the addition of Daniel it would seem the roster is set for Year 3 of the Rick Barnes era, so curious to see what everyone's expectations are heading into this pivotal year...

Since the poll did'nt identify which which sport, I assumed it was all Vol sports. I think I can safely say we will be 23+wins just counting the softball lady vols.

Reactions: 2 people
18/19 would be a heck of a year. Imo More quality teams in the SEC than there's been in a while, and a pretty brutal outta conference schedule.

We were a gritty, competitive team last season, but we fell off and lost some big leads in a few games. And we had a couple bad losses. I'd like to see us take the next step and close out games better, plus it'd be nice to see us actually win some of the games against higher ranked opponents. We were so close to taking down a lot of great teams last season, but were unable to finish strong. Also, we blew a shot at making the tourney late in the season. We need more consistency. I think with the new recruits and transfers, plus another year in Barnes' system for the current players, we can have a great year. We should make the tournament.

Don't care how many we just need to be dancing come March, so whatever that number is. There are zero excuses for this team not making the the tournament this year.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back