Shembari Phillips transferring to Georgia Tech

CamVol8

Wish him the best! Definitely a VFL and he will get to come back to Tennessee in 2018 when we play Georgia Tech.

Also, this is the second transfer we've had who decides to join Georgia Tech. Trae Golden did it a few years back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Wish him the best! Definitely a VFL and he will get to come back to Tennessee in 2018 when we play Georgia Tech.

Also, this is the second transfer we've had who decides to join Georgia Tech. Trae Golden did it a few years back.

My dad is pissed that Louisville has to play him. Lol

It's amazing that TN had six players that transferred out that didn't have a team. Now there are five.

Darius Thompson (Missouri?)
Willie Carmichael
Ray Kasongo
Detrick Mostella
Kwe Parker

That's a good pick for Shembarri imo. Josh Pastner seems to be on the uptrend in Atlanta.

Also, I think a redshirt year can really enhance his game.

Both guys from Atlanta area. Makes sense for them.

Do we have any insight on exactly why he wanted to transfer? It seemed like he was starting to emerge and get some good playing time. Plus I loved him on defense. Do you think he was afraid of the competition on the perimeter with the new guys coming in?

Do we have any insight on exactly why he wanted to transfer? It seemed like he was starting to emerge and get some good playing time. Plus I loved him on defense. Do you think he was afraid of the competition on the perimeter with the new guys coming in?

I doubt anyone here has any true insight, but I think it's just a matter of trimming the fat. Not saying he was a bad player by any means, but his position got really crowded with superior talent and youth. With Johnson and Pons coming in and having a core of Bone/Bowden/Turner, he would probably just get the scraps as an upperclassmen. I'm guessing this move is ultimately the best choice for all parties.

*Plus Darrington

The Golden situation was different because Trae probably would have been dismissed had he not transferred. That whole situation was so weird.

Regardless, good luck to Shembari. I can't imagine he's going to get more minutes at Tech than he would here, but I wish him the best.

That's a good pick for Shembarri imo. Josh Pastner seems to be on the uptrend in Atlanta.

Also, I think a redshirt year can really enhance his game.

What a difference a year and a change of scenery can do. He was the most hated man in Memphis less than 2 years ago.

VN Store

Back