If you could bring back one former vol

Dallasbowlin

Everything woke turns to sh*t
This is done in the football forum a lot, I think we had one for last years team too, if you could bring back one former vol to this team to help them compete for an sec championship, who would it be? And for thinking sakes, lofton, and Ernie and Bernie are excluded. For me, it would have to be McRae. This team desperately needs a guy who you can put the ball in his hands and expect a bucket every time from the guard/forward position. McRae could do it all, shoot, Slash, and finish at the rim.

Bernard King, dude hated kensucky wit a passion.

"King of the Volunteers" would have to be the choice regardless of circumstances. Most competitive and best player to ever play at Tennessee and it's not even close.

But using the parameters set out by the OP, it has to be Dale Ellis. He was a competitor and a winner.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
This is done in the football forum a lot, I think we had one for last years team too, if you could bring back one former vol to this team to help them compete for an sec championship, who would it be? And for thinking sakes, lofton, and Ernie and Bernie are excluded. For me, it would have to be McRae. This team desperately needs a guy who you can put the ball in his hands and expect a bucket every time from the guard/forward position. McRae could do it all, shoot, Slash, and finish at the rim.

Along those same lines, JRich could do all those same things and he could play elite defense. I'd take him over McRae, but I can see liking McRae as well.

Like Bruin, I'd probably take Allan Houston based solely on shooting ability and production, but I wish there were a dominant big man in my lifetime to recall, because that is what this team really needs.

Along those same lines, JRich could do all those same things and he could play elite defense. I'd take him over McRae, but I can see liking McRae as well.

Like Bruin, I'd probably take Allan Houston based solely on shooting ability and production, but I wish there were a dominant big man in my lifetime to recall, because that is what this team really needs.
It was a hard pick between jrich and McRae, I just feel that McRae was a better scorer, can't go wrong with either one though.

This team needs outside shooting above all else, and Allan Houston was as good a shooter as the SEC ever saw. If not Lofton, then Houston.

Reactions: 1 person
DougRoth-a.jpg

-YoungDoug

Reactions: 2 people
The upcoming team needs some size so I'd bring back Kevin Nash

In all seriousness, the only answer (given the parameters) is Allan Houston.

EDIT: This guy played in the wrong era in the NBA but Dale Ellis would have been a beast in today's NBA/CBB with his 3 point shooting

Last edited:
Jarnell Stokes.

I think if you add a 15ppg 11rpg five man to this roster that demands a double team when he gets a touch in the post it would make a world of difference.

JP Prince, my All-Time favorite Vol because of his passion and effort. There may have been another that played with as much passion and effort as JP but, there hasn't been anyone that played with more.

Jarnell Stokes.

I think if you add a 15ppg 11rpg five man to this roster that demands a double team when he gets a touch in the post it would make a world of difference.

I wanted to say jarnell, but with grant I'm not sure how that would work.

JP Prince, my All-Time favorite Vol because of his passion and effort. There may have been another that played with as much passion and effort as JP but, there hasn't been anyone that played with more.

Forgot about him. I don't know how honestly.

JP:salute:

VN Store

Back