F Johnson 10
F Pons 15
G Phillips 15
G Bowden 20
G Turner 15

TOTAL: 200 min.

Kent and Alexander Redshirt?

Who else transfers?

yes, no doubt, depth is good, and I don't doubt us playing very competitively next season, but, height, width, and poundage is not where it needs to be for championships...but, hey, I could be wrong...:)

GO BIG ORANGE!

I see only Kent red shirting..

PG: Bone 20/ Darrington 20
SG: Bowden 20/ Turner 13 Phillips 7
SF: Schofield 15/ Pons 10/ Phillips 10/ Johnson 5
PF: Williams 28/ Schofield 8/ Pons 4
C: Alexander 18/ Fulkerson 17/ Walker 5

Total:
Williams 28
Schofield 23
Bone 20
Darrington 20
Bowden 20
Alexander 18
Fulkerson 17
Pons 14
Turner 13
Phillips 17
Johnson 5
Walker 5

Last edited:
I see only Kent red shirting..

PG: Bone 20/ Darrington 20
SG: Bowden 20/ Turner 13 Phillips 7
SF: Schofield 15/ Pons 10/ Johnson 10/ Phillips 5
PF: Williams 28/ Schofield 8/ Pons 4
C: Alexander 15/ Fulkerson 15/ Walker 10

Total:
Williams 28
Schofield 23
Bone 20
Darrington 20
Bowden 20
Alexander 15
Fulkerson 15
Pons 14
Turner 13
Phillips 12
Johnson 10
Walker 10

I'd be very surprised to see 12 guys average double-digit minutes.

Bone 25/darrington 15

Darrington 10/ Turner 20/Bowden 10

Bowden 10/ johnson 15/ pons 10/ williams 5

Williams 25/ Schofield 15

Alexander 20/ fulkerson 20

Some experienced players going to have a tough time finding the floor

I'd be very surprised to see 12 guys average double-digit minutes.

True...I'm guessing Walker and Johnson average between 5-10mpg with some DNP's even, I think 10 guys averaging double digits with those 2 playing spot minutes if there's no major injuries.

yes, no doubt, depth is good, and I don't doubt us playing very competitively next season, but, height, width, and poundage is not where it needs to be for championships...but, hey, I could be wrong...:)

GO BIG ORANGE!

Don't forget that Pons, being from France, is on the metric system, so feet, inches and pounds don't even figure into his equation.
His height is in meters and his weight in kilograms.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't forget that Pons, being from France, is on the metric system, so feet, inches and pounds don't even figure into his equation.
His height is in meters and his weight in kilograms.

Can't wait to see this guy in Orange! Talk @ athletic .... I read that his vertical is like 101!!!

Centimeters.

This team is deep, particularly in the 1-3 position. We have at least 5 players that can drop 20 points any night. My only concern is who will step up and be "the guy". Last year during the last drive of the UGA game, no one wanted to step up and take the shot to win the game. Previous years it was guys like KP, Richardson, JMac, etc. Who will it be on this years team? My guess is Darrington, I believe that his scoring in JUCO will transition similar to how Punter's did.

Will Darrington be a Junior?

This team is deep, particularly in the 1-3 position. We have at least 5 players that can drop 20 points any night. My only concern is who will step up and be "the guy". Last year during the last drive of the UGA game, no one wanted to step up and take the shot to win the game. Previous years it was guys like KP, Richardson, JMac, etc. Who will it be on this years team? My guess is Darrington, I believe that his scoring in JUCO will transition similar to how Punter's did.

Will Darrington be a Junior?
Yes. He has 2 years left.

The roster during non-conference could easily see 12 guys average double digit minutes. Barnes and Co are going to need to see what Alexander, Phillips, Johnson, Pons are going to bring to the table. If Phillips and Alexander don't take a big step they will ride the bench and transfer. I am not sure we didn't see Phillips and Alexanders' ceilings last season. Johnson and Pons both have HUGE upside IMO.

I could see both Walker and Kent redshirt....but only if Alexander can develop. If Alexander looks the same as last year Walker and Kent will battle for the minutes. I would not be surprised to see Kent win that battle though as he can shoot the 3. Everyone on this board thought Fulkerson had no chance to play last year and was going to redshirt as well. Kent is a similar player, one that Barnes coveted.

I could also see Barnes continue to go small in most games, especially once SEC play starts. If absolutely had to guess, this to me would be the most likely scenario late in the season.

Bone 25/Darrington 15

Turner 20/Darrington 10/Bowden 10

Bowden 15/Johnson 15/Pons 10

Schofield 20/Williams 20

Fulkerson 20/Williams 10/Kent or Walker 10

Alexander/Phillips scraps minutes

Not a Knock, but I thought Bone looked confused last season and lacked confidence in his shot in critical moments.
Really think there's rhyme and reason to bringing in the 2 year PG, who isn't just a scorer, but a floor general.
I might be a little over optimistic, but Darrington will be the JC gem of Barnes' career and will win the starting job early.

Don't overlook that Darrington has only played PG for one season and it was at the JUCO level. He might not be setting the world on fire this upcoming year.

Don't overlook that Darrington has only played PG for one season and it was at the JUCO level. He might not be setting the world on fire this upcoming year.

Didn't he move to PG in high school after his SO year, and has played it ever since? Thought I read that somewhere because it surprised me. I had previously thought he was newer to the position.

Didn't he move to PG in high school after his SO year, and has played it ever since? Thought I read that somewhere because it surprised me. I had previously thought he was newer to the position.

Maybe I read it wrong. I saw that he had converted between his freshman and sophomore year, but I suppose that could have been high school rather than JUCO.

Maybe I read it wrong. I saw that he had converted between his freshman and sophomore year, but I suppose that could have been high school rather than JUCO.

Yeah, I think it was HS. He supposedly went JUCO to further work on his PG skills according to one of the post-commitment articles.

Pons will have some games next year that will leave people in awe. Guy is gonna ball out.

VN Store

Back