'18 NC PF Ian Steere

36033e03c0d7dc0489202672d5f84a20.png

Ian Steere

3* player, 6'9" 230lbs., PF, high school junior,
Wesleyan Christian High School, High Point, NC,
Class of 2018

Basketball Stats(freshman season): http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/ian-steere/awce7WRMEeS00gAmVebEWg/gendersport/basketball-stats.htm

Recruiting News about Ian Steere: https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...orward-ian-steere-looking-for-breakout-summer

Video Highlights: http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/ian-steere/awce7WRMEeS00gAmVebEWg/videos.htm

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/caree...&videoid=54a6ea79-0a4f-4464-9d9c-e71963f28afc

247 Sports

Rivals

ESPN

Hoop Seen

Twitter

UT offered on 4-10-17. Offers to date are Creighton, Charlotte, FAU, Mount St. Mary's, UNF, UT, Houston Baptist, Hampton, Georgia Southern, & High Point.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Creighton offered prior to UT

Where is it listed? 247 Sports doesn't have anything but UT with Charlotte showing interest. Is it listed from Rivals or where because 247 Sports doesn't have it listed. Thanks BTO.

NM BTO. Rivals is up-to-date while 247 Sports is not. I added school offers to the 1st post. Thanks.

Last edited:
Yeah, but did Houston Baptist?

I can't believe how many more offers Rivals has listed than 247 Sports. At least 7-8 more offers from Rivals that they don't have. Somebody is slacking here from 247 Sports. This is way off.

We could use another 3-star.

If this kid has a big senior year he could be rated higher. But if his basketball is a high IQ and buys into team play. I will take him allday long and twice on Sunday as long as the team comes before his own agenda.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Except I'd be pretty excited about 11 star.

It's not just stars in this case. Does that offer list not bother you?

You're the same poster who if Tennessee hadn't offered and come July he's got 30 offers with HM's all over him would be asking WTF Barnes and staff are doing and why weren't we all over this kid earlier.

The 2018 class is likely to be small, 1 or maybe 2 signees, so I would expect the staff to be pretty picky about who they go after. This guy has received a lot of attention as someone primed to blow up on the scene, so what is the downside to getting out in front and being one of his first offers? If he flops and turns out to suck during AAU then you stop contacting him and neve schedule an OV, if he blows up as expected then you continue to pursue him hard and can sell the fact that you were one of the first schools to believe in him...really don't understand the issue here.

The 2018 class is likely to be small, 1 or maybe 2 signees, so I would expect the staff to be pretty picky about who they go after. This guy has received a lot of attention as someone primed to blow up on the scene, so what is the downside to getting out in front and being one of his first offers? If he flops and turns out to suck during AAU then you stop contacting him and neve schedule an OV, if he blows up as expected then you continue to pursue him hard and can sell the fact that you were one of the first schools to believe in him...really don't understand the issue here.

Apparently only a few really understand the process. The others on here i just use rolaids after i read their post.

The fact it is such a small class and we should be being picky this offer jumps out more on the worrisome side than anything else. To suggest otherwise is just not being real.

Except I'd be pretty excited about 11 star.

It's not just stars in this case. Does that offer list not bother you?

It would bother me if this kid wasn't an apparent late blooming junior in high school, who by all accounts, should see his stock soar this coming AAU season. It would also bother me if we had all our 2018 class hopes pinned on this one kid in November. But since none of that is true, I won't lose a wink of sleep over it in April of his junior year.

I get it. It's hard to be excited about kids with those type offer lists in general. I do think though, that Barnes has proven an ability to coach up kids that they identify and believe fit their system. Before he coached his first game at Tennessee, I questioned whether he could win with less talent or whether he could achieve success by altering his recruiting methods as he stated he would. However, he has proven to me that he can identify and coach up talent that isn't necessarily in the top-100 across the board. So, until he just falls on his face, or takes a big step backwards, I am going to give him the benefit of doubt. I think that is the rational thing to do.

Reactions: 4 people
The fact it is such a small class and we should be being picky this offer jumps out more on the worrisome side than anything else. To suggest otherwise is just not being real.

Again, if in July Steere is ranked top 100 and has a host of schools pursuing him and Vols offer people on this forum are gonna be asking where our staff has been, saying this guy is in Carolina at a school we know, that if Barnes wasn't so lazy he'd have known all about him. When someone commits in 2018 and they have a similar offer list hats worrisome, until that happens though I'm not really concerned.

There's no pleasing some people.

Again, if in July Steere is ranked top 100 and has a host of schools pursuing him and Vols offer people on this forum are gonna be asking where our staff has been, saying this guy is in Carolina at a school we know, that if Barnes wasn't so lazy he'd have known all about him. When someone commits in 2018 and they have a similar offer list hats worrisome, until that happens though I'm not really concerned.

There's no pleasing some people.

The kid going to Alabama went from unranked prior to his junior year to now being Top 10 in some rankings. Not saying that will happen with this dude. But all these idiots running around like chicken little about this amuse me. I just like to read and laugh at them.

A 6'9" 3star player? Tennessee better be looking at him. One and Dones will always be rare around here.

VN Store

Back