How much would you pay to get 2 Top 50 recruits?

BigOrangeMojo

The Member in Miss December
The Lawsons are transferring from Memphis. All you have to do is give their sleazeball dad a job. If you do, you get Dedric (A top 50 player now) and Chandler (Top 20 recruit in 2019)

Would ya do it or is drama not worth it?

Reactions: 1 person
The Lawsons are transferring from Memphis. All you have to do is give their sleazeball dad a job. If you do, you get Dedric (A top 50 player now) and Chandler (Top 20 recruit in 2019)

Would ya do it or is drama not worth it?

Dedric isn't going to the NBA?

Their dad is the player development guy at Tiger High & both sons are leaving...that's about all anyone needs to know!

Are BBQ's still illegal?

At the time, it was against NCAA rules for Bruce to have recruits at his house.

It is not against NCAA rules to pay the Lawson's dad $2 million per year to be "Director of Basketball Operations".

According to the NCAA, it is not wrong for a school to have fake classes for 20 years since its not the NCAA's job to evaluate a school's academic curriculum.

And you wonder why people hate the NCAA?

Reactions: 8 people

It is not against NCAA rules to pay the Lawson's dad $2 million per year to be "Director of Basketball Operations".

According to the NCAA, it is not wrong for a school to have fake classes for 20 years since its not the NCAA's job to evaluate a school's academic curriculum.

Well common people. Blue bloods not so much they get hall passes as you eluded to.

Well common people. Blue bloods not so much they get hall passes as you eluded to.

Absolutely no way Calipari is recruiting at a high level "legally". Before he got there, UK never did have that many One & Dones in one recruiting class. I do think he's a good recruiter but not because he's good, he just knows how to work his way around stuff that NCAA just tends to overlook considering they make them a lot of money.

Speaking of Memphis, currently have 5 scholarship players and likely losing the best one Markel Crawford...Memphis fans are not happy at all, they're ready for Tubby to be gone after Year 1.

Speaking of Memphis, currently have 5 scholarship players and likely losing the best one Markel Crawford...Memphis fans are not happy at all, they're ready for Tubby to be gone after Year 1.

We need MemphisCanes and some of the other Memphis fans to come on here and tell us again how good that job is.

No, it was illegal to have juniors at your house. Aaron Craft was a junior who had already committed to UT. He later changed his mind and went to the OSU.

No, it was illegal to have juniors at your house. Aaron Craft was a junior who had already committed to UT. He later changed his mind and went to the OSU.

As a side note Ohio St hadn't offered till way later. Tennessee did good job identifying his skillset and how capable of being a high major player. Ohio St had to take notice after a team as successful as Tennessee offers a kid in your backyard. That in part is what irritated me so much is while it wasn't ok for Pearl to lie about the BBQ and ask the Craft family to lie about it and let's be honest the lying is what got Pearl in the big trouble, not the BBQ. But back to my point. You would think you could show some respect as a player to the first big opportunity you got. I'm not meaning you have to come here if Ohio St has always been your dream. Go to Ohio St. I say go be happy but when the NCAA or Thad Matta ask incriminating questions about Tennessee respectfully decline comment.

I will be stone cold shocked if Rick Barnes enters this low class way of getting players...obviously that situation rotted on the Tigers and it usually doesn't end well...only in a few cases....Manning at Kansas comes to mind....but its legal bidding for a player no matter how one spins it and I'm just not up for that....

VN Store

Back