Poll: Who's Our Starting PG for 17-18 Season?

Starting PG For 17-18 Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wanted to start a bit early thread on basketball for next season. After all the problems we have at PG in the 16-17 season who will CRB start at PG for the 17-18 season?

When I say start I mean the majority of games at that position. Thanks. Edit: I think time will be split between Bone & Phillips starting. Maybe half Bone & half Phillips or Bone might get a game or two extra.

Keep in mind, Phillips natural position is at SG not PG. Turner will be 2nd string PG most of the time & also play some part time SG behind Bowden. Pons will probably be playing 2nd string behind Jalen Johnson at SF.

Grant Williams will start at the 4 with Fulkerson seeing most sub time behind him along with Schofield. Alexander & Schofield will split time at the 5. Derrick Walker will fit in there somewhere at the 4 & 5 with some playing time as well. I think there's a decent possibility that incoming freshman Kent is redshirted.

Last edited:
Bone & Turner splitting time between each other. I just hope Turner improves cause he was a turnover waiting to happen.

Assuming a PG isn't signed with the open scholarship, the starting job is Bone's to lose. I expect to see Turner and Phillips spend time at the 2 and spell the PG. The opposition will determine how much ach plays the PG. There may be opponents that exploit Bone's as a defender therefore resulting in Phillips playing a lot of PG for defense.

Also, I think that Williams and Fulkerson share a lot of court time instead of alternating. I think that Willans, Fulkerson, Walker, and Alexander (and some Schofield/Pons if going small) will play in a lot of combinations as 4s and 5s and not necessarily 2 of them at the 4 and the other 2 at the 5.

Reactions: 2 people
If Bone puts in the work in off season he will start. Bowden at shooting guard he will put the time in this off season. Turner and Phillips coming off bench. It will be a good situation if all 4 work hard.

Reactions: 1 person
Bowden is a pretty troll option.

Really. He was the best shooter on team and his sickness last two weeks really hurt this team. He is the best shooter returning and you say I am trolling. If he puts in the work in weight room and court getting up shots he will be the starter. The open scholly they are hoping to get another shooting guard this team needs another shooter with Athletic ability.

Really. He was the best shooter on team and his sickness last two weeks really hurt this team. He is the best shooter returning and you say I am trolling. If he puts in the work in weight room and court getting up shots he will be the starter. The open scholly they are hoping to get another shooting guard this team needs another shooter with Athletic ability.

Doubt he's gonna play point. Better chance he does than the Frenchman with a loose handle.

I think he's better in a catch and shoot situation than being expected to score off the dribble.

It'd be a waste to play him at PG.

Is the math wrong, here?

Total votes added up is more than the total votes listed under the selections...

PG
Bone 25min
Darrington 15min

SG
Darrington 10min
Turner 20min
Bowden 10min

SF
Johnson 15
Pons 15
Bowden 10min

If Bone puts in the work in off season he will start. Bowden at shooting guard he will put the time in this off season. Turner and Phillips coming off bench. It will be a good situation if all 4 work hard.

Phillips can also play the SF position as well. He could either start there or be 2nd behind probably Jalen Johnson.

I think Pons will be 3rd string initially until he adapts to the American style game & then could possibly move up to 2nd string off the bench at SF.

PG
Bone 25min
Darrington 15min

SG
Darrington 10min
Turner 20min
Bowden 10min

SF
Johnson 15
Pons 15
Bowden 10min

Like someone said you missed Phillips. He will start in my opinion somewhere. Either at PG splitting time with Bone or at SF splitting time with Johnson and/or Pons.

I think Bowden has SG locked down myself as a starter. Phillips & Turner getting playing time behind him. He is one of our best % 3pt shooters that we have.

If Alexander don't really really improve he will be turning the starting C spot over to Walker in my opinion.

If he does improve then Walker will get playing time at both the PF & C position but probably more at C because Schofield & Fulkerson will see most minutes at PF.

BTW, I don't know where Darrington fits in if we do get him to sign. Might be a redshirt for both him & Kent to be honest. Thanks.

Last edited:
Phillips can also play the SF position as well. He could either start there or be 2nd behind probably Jalen Johnson.

I think Pons will be 3rd string initially until he adapts to the American style game & then could possibly move up to 2nd string off the bench at SF.

Like someone said you missed Phillips. He will start in my opinion somewhere. Either at PG splitting time with Bone or at SF splitting time with Johnson and/or Pons.

I think Bowden has SG locked down myself as a starter. Phillips & Turner getting playing time behind him. He is one of our best % 3pt shooters that we have.

If Alexander don't really really improve he will be turning the starting C spot over to Walker in my opinion.

If he does improve then Walker will get playing time at both the PF & C position but probably more at C because Schofield & Fulkerson will see most minutes at PF.

BTW, I don't know where Darrington fits in if we do get him to sign. Might be a redshirt for both him & Kent to be honest. Thanks.
Darrington is not coming here to redshirt lol. He made it clear he wants to compete for a starting spot wherever he goes. No way he would redshirt anywhere

Full disclosure I forget about phillips but the truth is the rotation must be trimmed. If Darrington is on the roster he is playing one way or the other. So I named 6 players to play the 1-3 and there simply isn't room for a 7th player. I think phillips has been around long enough and we have seen he isn't good enough to win with JMO

Last edited:

VN Store

Back