Former Vol Bobby Maze Building Local AAU Program

3506ca9affe7ebc4027d8d55528c8908.png

babc45bbbc50ff0852dbd9f7757f39bb.png

https://t.co/89SUtumeT1

Nice too see former players doing stuff like this. Does anybody know if Maze is still playing ball overseas as well? Thanks.

Reactions: 3 people
Know some people playing with his AAU teams as well. One of my favorite Vols of all time. He is very under appreciated. Went back and watched some highlights from his time here and I had forgot how good he was.

My favorite thing bobby would do is sometimes he would take the ball off of an opponent score and push it up the court and we just take it to the hole. It was like no one expected him to do that so they just wouldn't stop the ball. Love me some B Maze.

Reactions: 1 person
Know some people playing with his AAU teams as well. One of my favorite Vols of all time. He is very under appreciated. Went back and watched some highlights from his time here and I had forgot how good he was.

My favorite thing bobby would do is sometimes he would take the ball off of an opponent score and push it up the court and we just take it to the hole. It was like no one expected him to do that so they just wouldn't stop the ball. Love me some B Maze.

He'd throw an oop in a second

I put ooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnn for Tennessee!

Damn beat me to it.

My favorite BMaze moment is when he gave us this mid-2000's YouTube gem. Who could forget such a classic?! Halfway through even he was like "wtf am I doing" I could see it in his eyes but the dude didn't quit. I love it.

Reactions: 2 people
Damn beat me to it.

My favorite BMaze moment is when he gave us this mid-2000's YouTube gem. Who could forget such a classic?! Halfway through even he was like "wtf am I doing" I could see it in his eyes but the dude didn't quit. I love it.

My favorite line in that is "y'all some potatas" around the 1:40 mark.

Reactions: 3 people
Fans need to know.....is he going to be a feeder for UT? ;)

Having a strong local AAU program can't help but be good for TN. BB can it?

Yeah it will do nothing but help develop and showcase more local talent. East TN has produced its fair amount of UT preferred walk ons. Heck, if you as some on here local superstar Brandon Lopez would have had us in damn final four had he not been injured his final season.

But in all seriousness you are correct, it's certainly not a bad thing. I have my own thoughts about AAU's format, loose coaching, teams sandbagging tournaments, no defense, etc. but there is no doubt that gym time against other top players does nothing but help kids improve.

A friend of mine's son plays for Bobby's AAU team. He said, last year, BMaze got Kevin Durant to donate KD's shoes to the whole team. My friend thought he was talking smack, but they got the shoes. I told him, I thought, BMaze and KD grew up in metro Baltimore and knew each other since high school. Either way, pretty cool if u are are kid playing for Maze and getting shoes from KD. But, anyway, my friend said watch out for Bubba Wiley(also on Maze's team), son of former Fulton and Knoxville College star, Chris Wiley, although only 12, has the potential to be a star.

Reactions: 1 person
A friend of mine's son plays for Bobby's AAU team. He said, last year, BMaze got Kevin Durant to donate KD's shoes to the whole team. My friend thought he was talking smack, but they got the shoes. I told him, I thought, BMaze and KD grew up in metro Baltimore and knew each other since high school. Either way, pretty cool if u are are kid playing for Maze and getting shoes from KD. But, anyway, my friend said watch out for Bubba Wiley(also on Maze's team), son of former Fulton and Knoxville College star, Chris Wiley, although only 12, has the potential to be a star.

Correct, Maze and Durant are friends from their days in the Baltimore area.

VN Store

Back