Tennessee basketball played 6 of the 8 Elite 8 teams

Reactions: 1 person
1-8 sucks

steve-harvey-o.gif

Reactions: 5 people
First thought I had when the Elite Eight was set. No wonder our SOS was so high all year. Our record certainly could have been better but I'd rather play a strong schedule.

Reactions: 2 people
Due to Oregon and Gonzaga wins, UT will have played every team in the final four this year regardless of the winner of the unc/ky and sc/fl games.

Reactions: 3 people
It is. I wish we could have had a better w/l record versus those 6 teams though. At least we had one W plus a handful of moral victories with our young roster.

Man id we had just beaten msu, Ole miss, lsu...

Of course I wanted to beat the good teams as well, but those 3 losses were bad (and sadly I think I'm leaving out a few bad losses)

Man id we had just beaten msu, Ole miss, lsu...

Of course I wanted to beat the good teams as well, but those 3 losses were bad (and sadly I think I'm leaving out a few bad losses)

Double digit leads vs. MSU, Ole Miss, ARK, UNC are hard to stomach. Win those 4 and we would have been dancing. Barnes better get off his azz and recruit. I heard he didn't even attend the Tenn. High School State Championship games. Is he just collecting a retirement check?

Double digit leads vs. MSU, Ole Miss, ARK, UNC are hard to stomach. Win those 4 and we would have been dancing. Barnes better get off his azz and recruit. I heard he didn't even attend the Tenn. High School State Championship games. Is he just collecting a retirement check?

That seems to be the ongoing debate. I personally think not and we make the tourney next year. that should be the expectation for Barnes in year 3. Develop what you have. We need to be an upperclassmen led team, and I think that passion and experience will be enough to make some noise despite a lack of talent.

That seems to be the ongoing debate. I personally think not and we make the tourney next year. that should be the expectation for Barnes in year 3. Develop what you have. We need to be an upperclassmen led team, and I think that passion and experience will be enough to make some noise despite a lack of talent.

I hope you are right. These is no reason we should not be participating in March Madness on an annual basis.

Next year......

Or maybe the year after that.....

Or the next,next year.....

Or the next,next,next year......

Did you go to it? If so, who do you think playing in it would be worth extending a scholarship to? That kid going to Iowa State? That's been argued in his thread. There's pretty much no one in that tournament to recruit that this board wouldn't throw a hissy fit over if he did.

This staff has signed 3 players from other countries and a GT from Utah. I'm not bothered if they didn't have a target in the TN state tournament to go watch. How much, if any, face-to-face time are they even permitted or able to schedule anyway? It's not necessarily a good use of their time to make an appearance. Also, very few Memphis area players even ever show interest in TN. NC seems to be the sweet spot and is a better place to focus.

This staff has signed 3 players from other countries and a GT from Utah. I'm not bothered if they didn't have a target in the TN state tournament to go watch. How much, if any, face-to-face time are they even permitted or able to schedule anyway? It's not necessarily a good use of their time to make an appearance. Also, very few Memphis area players even ever show interest in TN. NC seems to be the sweet spot and is a better place to focus.

Nor do we want to show a whole lot of interest in the memphis kids (as a general rule). There's an on going conversation in Memphis sports asking what's wrong with these kids. Cal had virtually stopped recruiting Memphis when he was still there. Of course some exceptions. We need to be VERY careful who we waste time recruiting in that area.

Nor do we want to show a whole lot of interest in the memphis kids (as a general rule). There's an on going conversation in Memphis sports asking what's wrong with these kids. Cal had virtually stopped recruiting Memphis when he was still there. Of course some exceptions. We need to be VERY careful who we waste time recruiting in that area.

Michael Brooks (Melrose I think) and Tony Harris are a couple I'd love to have on this team. But it seems like they both had baggage. JP was Memphis and a great get after he bounced around. Griffin, Wiseman, and Bradshaw were all good role players. Was Weezy from near Memphis?

Did you go to it? If so, who do you think playing in it would be worth extending a scholarship to? That kid going to Iowa State? That's been argued in his thread. There's pretty much no one in that tournament to recruit that this board wouldn't throw a hissy fit over if he did.

It's more about building relationships with the coaches. It's been well noted that Barnes isn't necessarily blazing the recruiting trails. Hate to tell you but we're not going to be playing on the second weekend of the NCAA tourney with a 3* roster.

As I watch these Sweet Sixteen teams how many of our guys would even start on these teams. We are way behind the eight ball in recruiting starting Barnes third year. Coach Barnes has not gotten any recruits yet who are considered a difference makers or a player who makes everyone around him better. If the SEC basketball is in an upward swing, we had better find some four and five star players soon or Barnes will be out the door after this year. I believe that we are better next year, but it may be a reach to get to the NCAA Tournament. Guard play and three point shooting must improve by leaps and bounds for that to happen.

As I watch these Sweet Sixteen teams how many of our guys would even start on these teams. We are way behind the eight ball in recruiting starting Barnes third year. Coach Barnes has not gotten any recruits yet who are considered a difference makers or a player who makes everyone around him better. If the SEC basketball is in an upward swing, we had better find some four and five star players soon or Barnes will be out the door after this year. I believe that we are better next year, but it may be a reach to get to the NCAA Tournament. Guard play and three point shooting must improve by leaps and bounds for that to happen.

Year 1: 14–18 4–14 T–12th
Year 2: 14–20 5–13 13th
Year 3: 17–16 6–12 T–11th

Fahr his worthless butt?

It's more about building relationships with the coaches. It's been well noted that Barnes isn't necessarily blazing the recruiting trails. Hate to tell you but we're not going to be playing on the second weekend of the NCAA tourney with a 3* roster.

So, he didn't go to one weekend of basketball, and you automatically assume he's not building relationships?

What about a 2* or no star roster? Because that's all that was at the state tournament that you're whining about Barnes not attending.

VN Store

Back