Pistons Eyeing Jordan McCrae

Reactions: 2 people
Tobias Harris is one of the main players on the Pistons and was in the same recruiting class as McRae. His opinion probably doesn't carry too much weight, but you would think he'd be in favor of it and have positive things to say about him.

Tobias Harris is one of the main players on the Pistons and was in the same recruiting class as McRae. His opinion probably doesn't carry too much weight, but you would think he'd be in favor of it and have positive things to say about him.

If this is going to happen for McRae expect it to happen this week. Probably no later than Friday from what I read. There's only 8-9 games left in the regular season so they better get it done if they really want him for a run at the playoffs. Of course, they could wait & go after McRae for next season as a FA as well.

I think Reg can be a good player, but Reg thinks to highly of Reg to be a good team player. IMO

Totally agree with you Jerry on Jackson. He's all me me. Not a team player at all. I bet the Thunder is glad that he's gone although he really is a decent player.

Totally agree with you Jerry on Jackson. He's all me me. Not a team player at all. I bet the Thunder is glad that he's gone although he really is a decent player.

He was great in the playoffs a few times, really good series against Memphis one year. He wanted to start and I don't blame him, but the way he played out his last year in OKC on the court was a red flag.

Also doesn't help SVG throws him under the bus and nobody else.

True, but Detroit has decent scoring options and Reg ignores that a lot. He just needs to tweak his game a little and he could be a 18-4-7 guy easily and help the team win. Seems to think of himself as a mini Russ. IMO

I watched to Pistons in person over spring break. What a pathetic effort they have against the Cavs! Sorry Z.

I'd love to see McRae get another shot somewhere, though.

The Pistons possibly plan on signing either McRae or another person in whom I won't name right now from the D-League by either Thursday or Friday.

Got this from Bleacher Report so take it for what you want. Weird thing is about 2 hours after posting this they have removed the short article.

It was only about 3-4 sentences long anyhow. Either I've went blind or they have removed it. Saw it on Bleacher Report at 1:00 PM EST. What in the world? :hmm::confused:

The Pistons possibly plan on signing either McRae or another person in whom I won't name right now from the D-League by either Thursday or Friday.

Got this from Bleacher Report so take it for what you want. Weird thing is about 2 hours after posting this they have removed the short article.

It was only about 3-4 sentences long anyhow. Either I've went blind or they have removed it. Saw it on Bleacher Report at 1:00 PM EST. What in the world? :hmm::confused:

Bleacher report VIP huh?

Bleacher report VIP huh?

Yes, but they still have removed the article. I don't understand that at all. It was there when I 1st read it at 1:00 PM. It said posted 3 minutes ago then.

Now, at 3:40 EST it's still been removed & not there anymore. It was up for about/close to 2 hours before they took it down.

I want to know why on this? I bet something is either about to happen from that article with McRae or the other guy named in the article from the D-League. That has to be it.

They normally don't remove articles unless there's just a specific reason for it. I would have posted what it said here but it's no longer there to do that. Thanks.

Yes, but they still have removed the article. I don't understand that at all. It was there when I 1st read it at 1:00 PM. It said posted 3 minutes ago then.

Now, at 3:40 EST it's still been removed & not there anymore. It was up for about/close to 2 hours before they took it down.

I want to know why on this? I bet something is either about to happen from that article with McRae or the other guy named in the article from the D-League. That has to be it.

They normally don't remove articles unless there's just a specific reason for it. I would have posted what it said here but it's no longer there to do that. Thanks.

1. Because it could've been outdated material or coming from a source that's not completely credible and the final "say so" guy said take it off.

2. The PR group for Pistons don't want anything leaked out till its final

1. Because it could've been outdated material or coming from a source that's not completely credible and the final "say so" guy said take it off.

2. The PR group for Pistons don't want anything leaked out till its final

Both of those were possible answers but I got an email back today saying that they took it down on purpose because they had news about the same thing coming very soon & it would be old news pretty fast. :crazy:

They wouldn't elaborate but I figured it's McRae signing with the Pistons or the other guy from the D-League & happening very soon.

The Pistons are 2 1/2 games out of the playoff running for 8th place now with 7 games left to play so I don't see no reason on taking a chance on either guy until the offseason.

McRae might be the guy that takes them over the top though & get that #8 seed but not likely. My bet is that McRae regardless will be a Piston come the 17-18 season.

Reports are that Tobias wanted management to go out & get McRae but they were unsure about him. The reports also say that in the offseason the Pistons will most likely be taking a long hard look at McRae.

Probably even signing him in the offseason to give him a chance early on during the 2017 season to see if he fits their system. Probably would just be a 1-yr deal with only so much guaranteed in case they decide it won't work with him.

He's got to get on an NBA team with somebody in my opinion. He's showed enough to me that he can play in the NBA.

He might still need to put on about 10-15 lbs. though. The Nets are also reportedly interested in taking a look at McRae in the offseason as well.

Here's what the Nets had to say about McRae:

The 6-foot-5, 179-pound shooting guard has been overlooked by many, but after playing 37 games with Cleveland this season and even starting in four of those games, it’s surprising no one has yet to sign or even take a look at the 25-year-old who shined in the Summer League and impressed many with his play last summer. He would seem to fit well with the Nets and the type of team they’re building on and off the court.

The Nets are looking for players who are athletic, fast and have size, all of which fit the mold of Jordan McRae. Also, Sean Marks has looked for guys who have been overlooked or have yet to get an opportunity. Some examples are Joe Harris, Sean Kilpatrick and Justin Hamilton.
So for the Nets, after recently waiving Luis Scola, it would be smart to try out the 6-foot-5 guard and see what he can bring to the table. It’s better to not let that 15th roster spot go to waste, so why not bring in McRae? He seems to fit towards everything the Nets stand for and even has some experience with a championship team under his belt.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back