Graduate Transfer possibilities

WRE3

...and please pay no more!
With Kwe transferring, I think it would make the most sense for us to take a graduate transfer and then use the scholarship for a '18 guy. Who are some guys we may look at bringing aboard for next year?

Reactions: 2 people
The only one I've seen so far that really intrigues me is USF's Geno Thorpe...

Junior Season: 33mpg 15.1ppg 4.6apg 2.9rpg 38%3pt 85%ft and is also none as a very good on ball defender, can play the 1/2 and at 6'3" 180lbs can guard 1-3.

I've not seen anything with Tennessee, but as of today that's the only guy I've seen that I think would make sense, I'm sure there will be more though.

Reactions: 1 person
I would rather have a proven scorer in the 6'9 250 range to go along with Williams. If he is in foul trouble there is no proven back up.

Phillips and Turner are serviceable. Turner and Bone will improve with the years experience. We need an inside presence beside Williams.

Fulkerson and Alexander have proved just as much as Phillips and Turner imo...add in that this class adds Kent, Walker and Pons and our biggest need is definitely not in the post imo

Walker should be the most college ready of the 3.
I'd invest in a consistent perimeter shooter.

Reactions: 3 people
The Elijah Brown kid out New Mexico is available. He averaged 18.8 pts, 5.2 reb, and 3.1 ast per game.

Reactions: 3 people
Would love to see this kid get a look from CRB and staff. He has great height and his production was pretty good as well

http://m.espn.com/ncb/playercard?playerId=3154807&src=desktop

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/college/uwgb/2017/03/24/uwgbs-kanter-declare-nba-draft/99595530/

Junior forward Kerem Kanter said on Friday that he plans to declare for the NBA draft this summer.
He will not hire a representative or an agent, which gives him the option to work out for teams and attend the NBA Combine May 9-14 in Chicago if invited. He still can withdraw his name by the June 12 deadline and retain his collegiate eligibility.
CBS Sports’ college basketball insider Jon Rothstein tweeted earlier on Friday that Kanter will graduate and transfer from UWGB for his final season if he does not get drafted. He’d be eligible to play right away and not have to sit out because of NCAA transfer rules.

Last edited:
Would love to see this kid get a look from CRB and staff. He has great height and his production was pretty good as well

http://m.espn.com/ncb/playercard?playerId=3154807&src=desktop

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com...3/24/uwgbs-kanter-declare-nba-draft/99595530/

Junior forward Kerem Kanter said on Friday that he plans to declare for the NBA draft this summer.
He will not hire a representative or an agent, which gives him the option to work out for teams and attend the NBA Combine May 9-14 in Chicago if invited. He still can withdraw his name by the June 12 deadline and retain his collegiate eligibility.
CBS Sports’ college basketball insider Jon Rothstein tweeted earlier on Friday that Kanter will graduate and transfer from UWGB for his final season if he does not get drafted. He’d be eligible to play right away and not have to sit out because of NCAA transfer rules.

Good find!

PG: Bone/Turner
SG: Bowden/Phillips
SF: Schofield/Johnson/Pons
PF: Williams/Fulkerson/Walker
C: Kaneter/Alexander/Kent

Really a lot of flexibility with the forward positions and that's a NCAA tournament team.

Last edited:
I would take a combo guard of his caliber any day instead of a post

Just an honest question but why? You unbiased opinion. Not arguing but his low post presence and scoring down there would help tremendously. But a combo guard like what Barry is to Florida would also be huge so I see it your way as well. And how big has Barry been for Florida.

Just an honest question but why? You unbiased opinion. Not arguing but his low post presence and scoring down there would help tremendously. But a combo guard like what Barry is to Florida would also be huge so I see it your way as well. And how big has Barry been for Florida.

I think Pon/Williams/Fulkerson/Schofield/Alexander/Williams is much stronger than Bone/Turner/Phillips...obviously anything can happen but I feel more confident in our post game than I do our guard game.

I think Pon/Williams/Fulkerson/Schofield/Alexander/Williams is much stronger than Bone/Turner/Phillips...obviously anything can happen but I feel more confident in our post game than I do our guard game.

Do you expect Bowden and Johnson to quit?

Who is this second Williams that you speak of?

Good point. Thanks for the insight. What do you think about the tourney so far. I think that Scar is about as hot as any team in the country. And that defense is smothering.

VN Store

Back