Possible basketball transfer(s)?

Fingers

Do you think this team will see any attrition before next year?

I recall some rumblings at one point about Bone being a candidate to transfer.

Grant Ramey said yesterday he thinks Kwe Parker could be one to "keep an eye on moving forward," and named JUCO guard Chris Darrington as someone Tennessee watched play last night.

Brent Hubbs has also talked like he expects a possible open spot. He mentioned Tennessee maybe keeping its eye out for a guard who is a grad transfer.

Last edited:

Grant Ramey said yesterday he thinks Kwe Parker could be one to "keep an eye on moving forward," and named JUCO guard Chris Darrington as someone Tennessee watched play last night.

Brent Hubbs has also talked like he expects a possible open spot. He mentioned Tennessee maybe keeping its eye out for a guard who is a grad transfer.
That speaks volumes about with how our staff views our remaining guards. I feel like we're stacked at the 1 and 2 spots, but I guess the staff feels differently?

That speaks volumes about with how our staff views our remaining guards. I feel like we're stacked at the 1 and 2 spots, but I guess the staff feels differently?

Stacked is one thing. Stacked with talent is another. Other than Bone, I'm not sure we are very talented , at least at an SEC level, at the 1 and 2 spots. It was obvious this year's team was missing a quality point guard. Bone showed flashes and I think he can be our PG of the future. The others , not so much.

Plays/played at the #1 juco in the nation, same school as Shawn Marion, and Mychael mulder.

It seems like Parker is almost certainly out, who they get to replace him is the question. Darrington is someone they've been following for awhile, Barnes and Schwartz were in Carolina last week checking out Tyler Maye, and I'm sure they're keeping their ears to the ground about potential graduate transfers. I would think ideally they'd like a graduate transfer to fill that spot but options could be limited there, Darrington's numbers against good competition are pretty impressive.

Reactions: 2 people
It seems like Parker is almost certainly out, who they get to replace him is the question. Darrington is someone they've been following for awhile, Barnes and Schwartz were in Carolina last week checking out Tyler Maye, and I'm sure they're keeping their ears to the ground about potential graduate transfers. I would think ideally they'd like a graduate transfer to fill that spot but options could be limited there, Darrington's numbers against good competition are pretty impressive.
Any relation to the one playing for NC?

Parker was clearly in way over his head. Bone is talented and just needs an off season to work on his game and build strength. Darrington may be a good fit for the situation based on the juco data and being a quick PG. It's obvious the staff is on it.

Liar

Barnes wasn't out

Speaking of GTs. I wonder if we would consider austin Nichols.
Know anything about his present situation?

Looks like Darrington is a 88% free throw shooter. I'll take that any day! I really hope the Bone transfer rumors aren't true. He was playing well before his injury, especially for a true freshman. I'd hate to see Parker transfer too because he has a lot of potential, but if one has to go I'd rather it be him than Bone.

From what I read a while back, I don't think he even has the desire to play basketball anymore.

Looks like Darrington is a 88% free throw shooter. I'll take that any day! I really hope the Bone transfer rumors aren't true. He was playing well before his injury, especially for a true freshman. I'd hate to see Parker transfer too because he has a lot of potential, but if one has to go I'd rather it be him than Bone.

I don't believe Bone is transferring, Parker's bags are already packed however.

Memphis radio said yesterday that VA coach Bennett announced Sunday that Nichols would not be returning to team. One radio guy said in his opinion Nichols had little desire to play basketball anymore. He is close to Nichols and family. I can not remember his name off the top of my head.

Memphis radio said yesterday that VA coach Bennett announced Sunday that Nichols would not be returning to team. One radio guy said in his opinion Nichols had little desire to play basketball anymore. He is close to Nichols and family. I can not remember his name off the top of my head.

BTO, when did he declare for draft? They did not mention that yesterday morning.

I don't believe Bone is transferring, Parker's bags are already packed however.
I'll believe it when I see hit. Him and Jalen Johnson are like best friends and JJ hasn't even played and is arguably more talented. Parker got PT this year, when really, he was way under prepared. Parker needs to work hard on developing his skillset otherwise he will be in the same situation in due time.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll believe it when I see hit. Him and Jalen Johnson are like best friends and JJ hasn't even played and is arguably more talented. Parker got PT this year, when really, he was way under prepared. Parker needs to work hard on developing his skillset otherwise he will be in the same situation in due time.

And there is the issue.

Also, I know they went to the same high school, but I've seen nothing mentioning "they are like best friends", I think that theory has been a bit overblown. However even if true, Hubbs, Thompson and AJ Davis were admittedly very close, all 3 went their seperate ways and have remained friends.

VN Store

Back