It's official.. no NIT

Not really sure why it's a "train wreck." Frustrating at times? Sure. But it went precisely how many of us thought- up and down.

Going from NCAA bubble team to not making NIT = train wreck. Glad it's over too. That makes three shi**y seasons in a row. CRB needs to have us in the tourney next year.

Reactions: 5 people
Not really sure why it's a "train wreck." Frustrating at times? Sure. But it went precisely how many of us thought- up and down.

Good luck trying to convince some on here...funny the talk before the season was doomsday all around. We actually did better than I thought we could especially with a top ten strength of schedule we had. It was fun and a bit frustrating....I do look forward to the next couple of seasons for sure.

Reactions: 18 people
Going from NCAA bubble team to not making NIT = train wreck. Glad it's over too. That makes three shi**y seasons in a row. CRB needs to have us in the tourney next year.

I'm surprised you didn't start a new thread about it.

Reactions: 2 people

Agree. I'm not sure UT fires him if he doesn't.

If he wins 17 games next year, the AD and many posters will be celebrating the improvement, tournament or No tournament

Sure, why don't you start another thread about it? It went exactly how I expected.

Reactions: 1 person
Ehh I didn't have much expectations with this team going into this season. Glad they played a tough schedule it will help them in the long run. No excuses on not making the tournament next year, or the next couple of years going forward though.

If we would have had Mostella and Fulkerson and Bone for the whole year we would have made the NIT for sure, and possibly made the tourney. So all things considered it could have been worse, just ask Texas fans.

This team will be more experienced and deeper headed into the 2017-2018 season. I don't foresee Barnes leaving before the end of his contract because this program needs a coach who will stay at least 5 years and gets a foundation built with some NCAA Tournament appearances. Barnes can leave this program in good shape where Currie will be able to either hire a young coach or go with another veteran with a solid track record.

Do you think we play in any postseason?

Three games cost us the season. Oregon game UNC game and the Miss game in which we had a 21 point lead at one point.

Oregon win & UNC win would have padded our RPI and would have given us wins against Kentucky, Oregon & UNC, All are top teams.

no complaints here. ready for this train wreck of a season to be over.

Finishing above expectations and several spots higher in the conference than predicted = trainwreck.

You know what I'm ready to be over? Emotional, thoughtless posts that have no substance or basis, and exist solely as a means for the mouthbreathers to have their voice be heard.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 people
Three games cost us the season. Oregon game UNC game and the Miss game in which we had a 21 point lead at one point.

Oregon win & UNC win would have padded our RPI and would have given us wins against Kentucky, Oregon & UNC, All are top teams.

In all seriousness, the games we should've won were LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, and Chattanooga. We would've finished 20-11 and been a lock. Any of those between Oregon or UNC would've been extra icing on the cake.

No matter how you slice it it sucks not even being one of the top 100 teams in the country.

There are 350 teams though. TN's somewhere around 100 factoring in everything. Probably close to top 50 as far as ranking teams according to how good or bad they actually are. Around 175 just on the W/L record.

Finishing above expectations and several spots higher in the conference than predicted = trainwreck.

You know what I'm ready to be over? Emotional, thoughtless posts that have no substance or basis, and exist solely as a means for the mouthbreathers to have their voice be heard.

So, you don't want to hear from people who see things different from you?

VN Store

Back