Should we play in the NIT Tourney?

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
I'm disappointed the team gave up along the way,with the coach, well at least some players didn't give 100%, no way.

Not sure we will get invite to NIT, but of course we should go.

Those freshmen need all the practice they can get!!

Reactions: 13 people
Not sure we will get invite to NIT, but of course we should go.

Those freshmen need all the practice they can get!!

It's my understanding that if invited, according to SEC rules, a team MUST go to the N.I.T. Tied in with conference revenues. That said, part of me hopes the Vols don't get invited. Time to pack it in. :whistling:

Reactions: 1 person
Not going to get an invitation to the party. CBA tourney maybe but highly doubt they would go since you have to pay to play. Season's over

It's my understanding that if invited, according to SEC rules, a team MUST go to the N.I.T. Tied in with conference revenues. That said, part of me hopes the Vols don't get invited. Time to pack it in. :whistling:

I'm pretty sure LSU turned it down last year.

Reactions: 3 people
Not sure I want to see the Vols go to any post-season tournament just to lose yet another game.
This team lost its mojo some time ago and the players seem to have no drive whatsoever lately.

Post season experience of any kind is a plus for a young team. Be positive. Want them to get an invite. This team has the potential for an NIT Championship run when they play up to their ability. An NIT run has been a springboard for a good next season on many occasions. So i would love to see an invite.

Reactions: 9 people
Not sure. My upbringing tells me they should stay home and run laps. My practical mind tells me they should go if there's an opportunity to get more tournament experience against other teams. My impractical mind tells me they should go and run alley-oop type plays all game for Kwe to put on a wicked dunk fest. If you're going to lose, you might as well do it in style.

I thought this was interesting from Justin Phelps, Dave Hart had a no NIT policy?

Justin Phelps‏
@CoachPhelps

Follow
More
@BrianH618 I can't speak for either. It was Dave Hart's policy "no NIT" but this is a new regime. @VegasSixteen looks at best available

Barnes said yesterday season was over he doesn't won't to go to the NIT we might have to play Texas and that would be a joke he would some how coach us down where we would lose by 20.:thud:

Give it up. We're not even in the last 4 out for the NIT . http://www.nycbuckets.com/current-nit-

I sure do miss the days of Bruce Pearl when we had elite athletes and were wondering what our seed to the Big Dance would be and if we would get to the Sweet 16 or Elite 8. Can't even get excited about March madness anymore.

Probably needed 18 wins to get to the NIT. The season is over and is should be.

This team overachieved for what was expected of them before the season began but they underachieved for what they were capable of accomplishing. The future is bright if the returning players put in the work to improve and mature.

Yes next year is bright. Most players who are Freshman need time at adjusting to major College basketball and we had to rely on ours to lead. Injuries and Mostella being kicked off made this young team have to play perfect basketball each game to win. Not going to happen. Jelen Johnson who is sitting out and getting physically ready to play at this level has major upside skill wise. Now lets hope each player will listen to coaches and work hard in gym putting up shots from every place on floor.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm disappointed the team gave up along the way,with the coach, well at least some players didn't give 100%, no way.

If we can get in, good. Need experience and practice. I am sure there are 5-6 guys who want to play. For those who don't, let'um sit and remember them come next season. That is if they are still around.

Let Hubbs and Lew make the decision

Both these guys would say YES! I still think we get in the NIT. If there is some good loses then we have several and if there are good wins we have several as well. We also had a strong schedule. Of course we had some piss poor loses as well. HELL YES WE WILL GO!:mf_surrender::pepper::yahoo:

whatever...proud of these young men for giving their all for Tennessee...they reminded me of a horse coming around the last turn with two shoes thrown but still giving their all...thanks to them for a heck of a ride...:rock::salute:

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back