Luke Kornet, Vanderbilt

Coach of the Year: Mike White, Florida

Player of the Year: Sindarius Thornwell, South Carolina

Scholar-Athlete of the Year: Luke Kornet, Vanderbilt

Freshman of the Year: Malik Monk, Kentucky

Sixth-Man of the Year: Canyon Barry, Florida

Defensive Player of the Year: Robert Williams, Texas A&M

Reactions: 2 people
Why are there 8 people on the 1st and 2nd teams? Thought you could only play 5 at a time. Is that something the Big 10 (14 teams) and Big 12 (10 teams) came up with?

Reactions: 1 person
Why are there 8 people on the 1st and 2nd teams? Thought you could only play 5 at a time. Is that something the Big 10 (14 teams) and Big 12 (10 teams) came up with?

It's something that UK fans came up with since they play 8 (refs) vs 5 every game.

Reactions: 6 people

They do that since the best players often play the same position. If LSU had an all-time team, who's the point guard? You can't exclude one of either Pete Maravich or Chris Jackson.

They do that since the best players often play the same position. If LSU had an all-time team, who's the point guard? You can't exclude one of either Pete Maravich or Chris Jackson.

Jackson was more like a 2 iirc. Maravich, the best at about any position he wants.

Jackson was more like a 2 iirc. Maravich, the best at about any position he wants.

Best that I can recall, the inbounds pass went directly to each of them and they brought the ball across mid-court and ran the offense.

Maravich was a great dribbler, passer, and shooter with a bad haircut and floppy socks.

Siaz and Kornet over Hubbs is a joke. Tennessee usually gets the short end of the stick when it comes to things like this (Maymon/Punter/ and either Stokes/McRae/Richardon got jipped too).

Siaz and Kornet over Hubbs is a joke. Tennessee usually gets the short end of the stick when it comes to things like this (Maymon/Punter/ and either Stokes/McRae/Richardon got jipped too).

ehh I think 2nd team was deserving.

Reactions: 3 people

Siaz and Kornet were more deserving down the stretch. They kept playing well late where Hubbs fell off there last few games. And I am aware that Hubbs was dealing with an injury.

Punter had the stats, but missed 1/3 of the SEC season with his injury, so I thought 2nd team was fair.

As for Hubbs, Saiz averaged 15/10, and Kornet 13/7. Hubbs averaged 15/3. Saiz is a shoe-in over Hubbs IMO. Kornet is maybe a toss-up, but his team is in contention for an NCAA berth, and Hubbs' team isn't, so I can see the media using that as a tiebreaker if it came to it.

Hate to disagree but Hubbs had too many games where he disappeared to be considered first team. I'm sure it was due to his knees but Siaz and Kornett were consistently better players than Hubbs

Really nothing to disagree about. I have stated that if Williams was not All-Freshman, they should never give out that award again.

I'd like to point out that Grant Williams was the only 3 star that made the All-Freshman team.

5 stars - 4
4 stars - 3
3 stars - 1

I'd like to point out that Grant Williams was the only 3 star that made the All-Freshman team.

5 stars - 4
4 stars - 3
3 stars - 1

Barnes has an eye for talent regardless of what some recruiting services think.

VN Store

Back